Anyone outta Wichita Falls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone outta Wichita Falls?

I'm going to a 5 week Drilling Fluid Technician course there in Oct/Nov and wanted to see if any TBH'ers were up there.

I have a couple of spots picked to stay, and wanted to see what's around there...

I'm here.

You looking for where to stay?
    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I spent 2 months at the Days Inn off Kell Blvd last year. I would go back there again no problem! Got a good rate and they are close to restaurants.

Comment

I am up there for two nights every 3rd week and I stay at the best Western the rates ain't bad and the rooms are clean.

Comment

Well while you're here you need to eat at Samurai of Tokyo and Branding Iron.

Comment

Put in an order from Rodriguez tortilla and tamale factory. Tamales and chile are pretty good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
              I'm here.

You looking for where to stay?
              Since I'm gonna be there for 5 weeks I've been looking for extended stay places. Cheapest I've found is the Econo Inn just outside the base front gate and second is Travelodge. Not looking for anything fancy. I'll load up on food from the PX (rooms have a kitchenette). I'm coming from Afghanistan so I'm sure it'll be luxury regardless. Ha! If not I'll sleep in my sleeping bag on top of the bed covers.

Originally posted by wcg89 View Post
              Well while you're here you need to eat at Samurai of Tokyo and Branding Iron.
              Love me some sushi and I already saw that place is right across the street from where the school is located.

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              Put in an order from Rodriguez tortilla and tamale factory. Tamales and chile are pretty good stuff.
              Thanks for the info, I'm can't wait to tear up some tamales!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckTag View Post
                I'm going to a 5 week Drilling Fluid Technician course there in Oct/Nov and wanted to see if any TBH'ers were up there.

I have a couple of spots picked to stay, and wanted to see what's around there...
                I didn't know they had a mud school there? Who are you going to be working for?

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Replied to your PM Muddman.

Comment

Since I'm gonna be there for 5 weeks I've been looking for extended stay places. Cheapest I've found is the Econo Inn just outside the base front gate and second is Travelodge. Not looking for anything fancy. I'll load up on food from the PX (rooms have a kitchenette). I'm coming from Afghanistan so I'm sure it'll be luxury regardless. Ha! If not I'll sleep in my sleeping bag on top of the bed covers.

Love me some sushi and I already saw that place is right across the street from where the school is located.

Thanks for the info, I'm can't wait to tear up some tamales!
                      Look at the candle wood right down from there. Tell them your with pilot catastrophe and want a weekly rate and its usually great. You won't get any sleep at the other two places between the cops making drug busts and the hookers knocking on your door at all hours of the night.

Comment

Is the pilot catastrophe a school there that gets discounts? If it's close to the cost of those other two then I will book it.

Dang, the Econo Inn is that bad? It's a few steps just outside of the AFB main gate from the looks of it... Crazy.

Comment

I'm from there, but don't live there now.
                          Go over to Eskimo Hut on Tuesdays and get some BBQ from Daddy Bobs Smokewagon.
                          Tell him Wes sent you. (I'm his cooler guy)

Comment

Is the pilot catastrophe a school there that gets discounts? If it's close to the cost of those other two then I will book it.

Dang, the Econo Inn is that bad? It's a few steps just outside of the AFB main gate from the looks of it... Crazy.
                            No. Its an adjusting firm that has good contracts w extended stay hotels. They're usually very nice and pretty comparable to other extended stay places. They have never asked me for any pilot id or anything in the 15 years I used to travel.

Comment

Thanks I'll give that a try!

Comment

Working...
                              X