No announcement yet.

off the grid water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At our ranch in Goldthwaite we have poor ground water. Our strongest well is about 10 gallon per minute. We have it on a solar panel and it pumps water into 2 2500 gallon tanks. When we first bout the place the original well went dry. We had a 1000 gallon tank on a trailer that we would drive into Goldthwaite and fill for like $20.00. Did this until we could get lines and solar power ran to the house from the new well. If I were living there full time I would install one of the huge as mentioned above like the 35,000 gallon one. And confirm with the county if in drought conditions is there a place to get water or have delivered.
    Last edited by BrandonA; 08-13-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
      We install them every week , but it needs to be 35,000 or bigger
      We as in you do it for a living? Do you work taylor tx?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        Top part is sarcasm. Read the thread from the beginning.
        👍 Yes sir it was!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          So you think a 16,000 gallon system is too small for a family of 4?
          Not enough, 35,000 min. And this is with no irrigation for landscaping, household only.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
            We as in you do it for a living? Do you work taylor tx?
            Yes we do

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
              Here's a nice walk through from the Tucson, AZ area

https://youtu.be/pNXooT2FVXM
              OP watch this video

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                a house surviving on rain water only.... in texas.....
                I call bull****.

you're right, the math wont add up....but if you buy a house without water or plans for a well...you are a nutjob
                I know a few families in the hill country that use water catchment system exclusively for their water. Including my neighbor.

The realtor that we used to buy our house has 5 kids and that's how they get their water. In fact her husband installs them

Comment

Just an FYI that has not been mentioned and has no bearing on usage but if you are not paying cash for the home you are going to have a hard time securing conventional financing unless there are other recent sales of home that have water catchment as the only source of water

Comment

Gary, back off the ledge bruh. We talked about that today. Hate to see you in a loin cloth doing the rain dance in droughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blood trail View Post
                      gary, back off the ledge bruh. We talked about that today. Hate to see you in a loin cloth doing the rain dance in droughts.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lmao!

Comment

A friend in Wimberley has a 20,000 gal storage tank and recovers water from his metal roof. There are two people in the house. He bought 2000 gallons of water when he moved in in 2008 and has never used anything but rainwater since.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                          There is no ground water in the area. The neighbor just drilled and he gets a max of 1 gallon per minute. That won't do you any good.

The co-op will run water for $60,000. I am sure their water isn't cheap either.
                          1-2 gallon per minute on solar panels that pump into the holding take all day will help tremendously.

Comment

This is all great information. Thanks.

I watched the video. It seems simple, but I am use to having 2 wells and running as much water as I want.

We have livestock too. We would have livestock on the new place.

Comment

I have learned from this thread as well... thanks

Comment

What about going old school with a windmill and the big cistern tank that just about every place in the hill country has ?

Comment

Working...
                                X