X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
    Artos,
    Hey buddy,
    I'd love it if you could help me find a Sako in 6.5x55 (LH)...I'd be your best Amigo for ever

follow this link , establish your spending budget, and bid in the last minute

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/769351314

Comment

Sako rifles - worth it?

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
      Hey all,

Curious if Sako 85 (LH) rifles are worth about the 1k over a Tikka?

What would I be getting for the extra 1k?

They are not worth spending more than what you would spend on a Ruger american in the same caliber right now when it comes to shooting a deer at 200 yards and under. 30 years from now I would much rather get my paw paw’s Sako than his beat up Ruger american throw away truck gun.

Worth on most items like guns and watches depends on your budget and disposable income. Someone like Artos or Bloodsport
      Who are up to date on their watch and gun game it’s a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Black Ice; 05-09-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
        Craig, I can make that regret go away! I’ve got one I’ll make you a deal on. She’s fabulous but she never makes it out of the safe anymore. I’ve got her covered up with customs on each side.
        Thanks for the offer. I've seen pictures and she's a bute.

All my disposable money goes to APR. At the rate I'm going, they'll be moving into a new building off of me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah...southy's always throw a wrench into the gears. I forgot.

Everything I hear about the tikka these days is extremely positive...especially / most importantly is the out of box accuracy. They are the new 700 of old IMO. Sako is just going to be all that nicer on the fit & finish.

Hard for a guy like me to say if it's worth it in your case...I would buy what's going to make you most happy in the long run. I always try to consider short & long term resale which actually helps your case some.

Comment

I don't know about the 85 but I have a L691 Sako and it is worth what I paid for it and more. I was considering an 85 but it looks like the Berretta discount for NRA Instructors has gone away. That would have been 29% off for a Sako 85. Maybe they will come back with it later.

Comment

I love my Sako’s and will never stray far from the brand because of my experience with them.

Comment

I will never let any of my Sako's go ! I have the older models

Comment

I have old and new models I sure like em

Comment

I have a Sako 85 Classic, and it is smooth with a capital "S." It has a beautiful stock with great figure and a very comfortable palm swell. It feels great, looks great and shoots even better. Three holes touching with factory ammo. You may find something as good, but you would be hard pressed to find one any better. I waited a long time to get one, and it was worth the wait.

Comment

I have a Sako Model 75 in .270. To say it is by far the best I've ever had seems too weak. Smooth action, accurate barrel, great fit and finish. I don't use it much as most of my hunting is under 100 yards these days. There used to be a lgs here that I knew well. He let me have unlimited layaway on mine. I will never sell it. Oh, and I'm a lefty as well. Worth the money? In my book yes.

Comment

I would say this cause I get this question when someone ask me if a Weatherby Mark V is worth the money. If it’s something that you really want it seems that it is.

Comment

Yes

Comment

I have a Sako 280 and wouldn't trade or sell it; will just pass it down to my son.

Comment

Sounds to me like I would get the sako, and just think of it as it saved you 1000.00 over a custom. ( instead of it cost you 1000.00 more then the tikka) Sounds like they shoot great from every body here.

Comment

Well this thread has convinced me I "need" a Sako. Now the waiting game begins to find one for a good price. Thinking 6.5x55 or 7mm-08.

Comment

Working...
                                X