Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is $10/ac for rights to hunt land alone a fair price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to raise prices. In the last week alone I spent 1k on elect repairs. I mow roads for my advantage if a hunter asks I will mow theirs.
    Some of the ITS THE LANDOWNERS RESP IS WRONG.
    All I lease is the hunting.
    But I do charge 5 bucks a night for elect.
    10 an acre is cheap in that area .

Comment

I think yall have a good deal. Comes down to the lease agreement. And I'm betting the LO just leases yall the rights to hunt. If he says he provides yall electricity then he should fix the meter. I guess he could always move livestock on the place to keep the grass down.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate your input. And DFKOON...definitely DO NOT need more cows...lol.

Comment

Beware of other lease members negativity on issues and letting yourself get fooled into being on the wrong side. Ultimately the owners wins

Comment

$10 is a great price

Something that may help that we do on our lease is add $100 each to the lease dues (8 of us on the lease) This helps pay for extras around camp or the lease that may break or need work done. Our "Lease Boss" is the one who handles it and it's only used for things that benefit the group and not individuals. i.e. water heater goes out in cabin, plumbing/ electrical issues, camp improvements, etc.... It helps as we know if something goes down we already have the money in place to fix it, or if we want to make improvements we can, and not having to shell out money later makes it good for everyone.

That being said I am on a lease with really close friends so it works for us as we all respect and trust each other as well as our lease boss. He gives us a break down on all spending and if we have money left over we roll it over into next year. Granted we usually use the money for improvements so there is little to be rolled over.

Comment

That sure sounds like the same landowner I have in the same area! Does he also decide that opening weekend of deer season sounds like the perfect time to fire up his tractor and spray rig and start busting through the brush?

Comment

Working...
              X