Unertl Scope questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unertl Scope questions

Came across one of these. Knew NOTHING about them originally, but have done some research.

Anybody had any experience with them?

What is it worth?

Where's the best place to sell it?
    Attached Files

Bench rest scope, top of the line. The mounts are high dollar as well. Ebay it.

Comment

I would keep it!!!!

Comment

I would love to have that on my .308. After a little spray paint though.

Comment

That is a keeper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Any idea of its value? I've seen some of the other "sniper" or "USMC" military issue models going for thousands of dollars.

Comment

More pics

Comment

@ rbridges ... where did you find that ?

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Bench rest scope, top of the line. The mounts are high dollar as well. Ebay it.
                not a benchrest scope ... it's a 10x sniper scope produced by Unertl in the early 2000's for civilian purchase

same model scope that has USMC stampings (military use) are worth a fortune to collectors and people building Marine M40A1 spec rifles. CMP auctioned off around 30 of these original USMC scopes last year and the average price was $5000-6000

The real deal

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 05-23-2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Your are correct, I only seen the name on the scope not the whole scope. That is a civilian model tactical scope. Serial number is T0216 and they started out with T0001.

My pea brain was thinking of this turret.
                  Last edited by Radar; 07-20-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I can ask some of the guys in my gun club if they know its value or if they are interested in it. They are all old grumpy guys that know everything

Comment

I'd put it up in the classifirds here and see if the tbh community has a buyer that will give you what you're looking for before sending it out to the general market

Comment

Thanks for the input. I knew I could count on the TBH-ers to know some info. I thought the military version was selling in the $5k plus range, but I wasn't able to find much about the value of the civilian model.

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                        I'd put it up in the classifirds here and see if the tbh community has a buyer that will give you what you're looking for before sending it out to the general market
                        I will for sure give TBH the first shot at it.

Will upload a few more pics in a little bit as soon as I dig out from the email flood here at work.

Comment

Some more pics.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Someone would love to make a USMC copied "sniper" rifle with that scope I am sure. I would think but be wrong. I think I would sell now before price might start to fall. Awesome scope and thanks for sharing it wi us.

Comment

Working...
                            X