Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading out for a 6 day catfishing trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! A big flatty on a small blue haha that’s awesome! Keep hammerin, that 50 is out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one big one but bite was slow. Pictures coming soon

Comment

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Andrew is done. Ge has a bunch of fillets. Anyone else ready to catch some fish?

Comment

Thanks for having me out Tim.
            Had a good time learning to fish a new way.
            Bite was a little slow, but got enough blues for a several meals.
            And then the one nice yellow cat pushed the scale to 27lbs.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190318_091709161_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24574951

Comment

Picture is upright, but when I post it it turns.

Comment

That's a nice op right there! Congratulations!

Comment

Tested out different fish (blue cat, yellow cat and white bass), different cuts (belly, fillet and behind the eye) on my boy and the Mrs.
                    They liked them all, but my boy liked the blue cat better.
                    The behind the eye muscle was fine, but a different texture, but I couldn't tell any taste difference.
                    Next time instead of battering and frying, I should just bake or pan sear them with minimal seasoning to get a better taste of the fish.

Comment

Definitely. Fried fish tastes like bread, seasoning, and oil.

Comment

It was really slow last night. Only 2 small flatheads and 5-6 blues
                        We brought the lines in and are going to relax this last night. Maybe just fish for whites off the dock.

Thanks for following along!

Comment

Great week on the water.

Thanks for taking us along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                            Tested out different fish (blue cat, yellow cat and white bass), different cuts (belly, fillet and behind the eye) on my boy and the Mrs.
                            They liked them all, but my boy liked the blue cat better.
                            The behind the eye muscle was fine, but a different texture, but I couldn't tell any taste difference.
                            Next time instead of battering and frying, I should just bake or pan sear them with minimal seasoning to get a better taste of the fish.

There is hardly any difference in taste between fresh bluecat and yellowcat if properly trimmed up. They are both good. Cutting off all red meat and for bluecats, trimming off black lining inside the belly goes a long ways. Yellowcat seems to last longer in the freezer though. I'm talking couple years old.

Channels go back in the water. They taste like mud compared to a yellow or blue.

Comment

Enjoyed the thread Tim! Thanks for the "live" fishin'! Heck, you for sure caught enough to make the grease stink!

Comment

fish

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                                There is hardly any difference in taste between fresh bluecat and yellowcat if properly trimmed up. They are both good. Cutting off all red meat and for bluecats, trimming off black lining inside the belly goes a long ways. Yellowcat seems to last longer in the freezer though. I'm talking couple years old.

Channels go back in the water. They taste like mud compared to a yellow or blue.
                                ^^^^This is spot on!

Comment

Working...
                                X