New Ruger Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ruger Americans

Well, I'm a big ruger fan with not enough money right now! I'm impressed with what they keep coming out with. Last year I bought a ranch rifle in .450 bushmaster just for kicks and it's been fantastic. Shot a turkey in the head with it last spring, and neck shot a spike for meat last Friday. Very light, fast handling and accurate. Perfect for what I wanted it for.

Then I see the new PC Cabine in 9mm that's a takedown and takes 10/22 triggers...

And now they have models in the American Ranch and Predator that take AR and AI mags...

They just released the Predator in 6.5 Gredel with a 22 inch threaded barrel with a 10 round magazine...

I'm drooling.

I bet those Grendels will be easy to come by.

Comment

I tried to find the PC carbine they are not out just yet.

Comment

Grendel is pointless in a bolt action IMO.

Comment

I see they brought back the 6.5 Creed in the No.1 platform......must have !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            Agree, the only way any of the semi-auto rounds make sense in a bolt action is something like the Howa mini action, with a short throw and a pound of weight savings.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
              Agree, the only way any of the semi-auto rounds make sense in a bolt action is something like the Howa mini action, with a short throw and a pound of weight savings.
              I don't think so. I think it's a great cartridge for kids, and I personally would rather them have a bolt action than a semi-auto. That round has like 8 lbs of recoil with a high bc and sd. But, we all have our preferences and I respect yalls opinion

Comment

A turkey in the head with a .450 bushmaster. Never thought of that as a option lol

They make solid stuff for the price

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  A turkey in the head with a .450 bushmaster. Never thought of that as a option lol

They make solid stuff for the price
                  It was my only option haha! Didn’t want to make a mess out of it

Comment

Can you explain your opinion? I don't disagree I'm just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      Probably because you can get the faster Creedmoor in a short action as well. My guess

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        It was designed for the AR platform. It does nothing better than previously available rounds for bolt action platforms.

It is a great AR round, IMO the best available.

Comment

would to love the Grendel.

Comment

I disagree that the Grendel in bolt action is pointless. As mentioned before it would be a great caliber to choose for a youngster to shoot bigger game with. Combine this with the fact that if "dad" already had a Grendel in an AR platform then you are not dealing with different bullets. Also I am sure this will be a hit with Ruger as there is a huge market out there of guys that just want to buy a new gun and getting a different caliber at an affordable price will . I bet this will be just like when they released the ranch model in 7.62x39 and it will be very hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                              Last year I bought a ranch rifle in .450 bushmaster just for kicks and it's been fantastic. Shot a turkey in the head with it last spring, and neck shot a spike for meat last Friday. Very light, fast handling and accurate. Perfect for what I wanted it for.
                              How do you know it was a Turkey after shooting it with a .450 Bushmaster?
                              Did ya find a feather or some clue ?
                              Yeah, Ruger has been making some nice stuff with their finger on the pulse of the Gun industry. I am very happy with the American Ranch I have in .300BO.

Comment

Working...
                              X