Invites to buddies to hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invites to buddies to hunt

Curious how many if any catch invites to family or friends leases/properties. Is this a yr to yr deal or they need culls, does etc harvested??

Do you do some labor for them, cook, bring corn etc? Or is it a corporate deal and taken care of?

I have had an invite for the last 9 yrs. I usually would take corn and a bottle of whiskey for my buddy the landowner. Looking back I shot ONE doe. I could have shot a deer every yr there. I also know the landowner appreciated small deer walk and let em grow.

Wonder if this is a thing of the past or still happens. Seems like alot of deer are sold to day hunters to recoup feed bills etc

I catch a few invites and I give a few. Do it every year. I usually get a little corn in return.

Comment

I get invites in the off season but they hardly ever materialize during season

Comment

I have given more invites to friends when I had a place, than I have ever gotten, and that is fine.

I was very fortunate enough to have a recurring invite from a very good friend. I relished it more for the food and conversation that the killing or not killing part. They were definitely the best of times.

Comment

I wish

Comment

I don't get invited and I don't ask other on an invite. Guest = Trouble in the long run seen it to many times. Never understood why people want guest and pay all that money to let their friends shoot them.

Comment

Have an open door policy with a friend. Karen and I come and go semi regularly. I cook a fabulous dinner Saturday night and help with chores. We can shoot anything except Mr Big. He went 10 years between killing his last 2 bucks.
              Saw his guest book in November and his last guest was in July. Vowed to go up more often this year.............

Comment

Got invited to a friends place last week to hunt for 3 days. Brought corn for feeders, food for everyone, and picked up the tab when we all went out to eat. Had tags for a doe and a buck but didn't see the ones they wanted taken so I didn't shoot any of the many deer I saw.

Those who are respectful and do what they can to show appreciation are the ones that always get invited back.

I'll go back in a few weeks.

Comment

I'm available if anyone needs a friend to shoot deer on their place

Comment

I have an open invite with my two best buddies that they can go with me anytime to my property out west. Never had issues with either one of them harming anything but can’t say that for all of the people that have been invited out. So, now I don’t step out of my comfort zone with other people... the two guys that have the open door policy always come out help work cows fill feeders do deer counts and any other task. They also follow the management program to a T and I couldn’t fill all the tags without them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had gate keys to a friend's place for 10-12 years. It was 7 miles from my house. I hunted it several times a week during season. Bought lots of corn, trimmed blinds/shooting lanes, put several of my own blinds out there, mowed, anything he needed help with. Shot 3 deer, and who knows how many hogs. I saw a ton of deer, I'm just a little bit picky. Most of The place was sold a couple years ago

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll trade hunts every year with my same group of close knit friends just so we all get a change of scenery since we all hunt different places in Texas.

Kinda shot myself in the foot these past 2 years getting them all hooked on duck hunting so deer have been on the back burner for us.

Usually though, it's the same thing, if you're the guests, bring corn to fill feeders and traps, alcohol of choice and dinner one night. Think I got lucky with my group of 5 guys cause it's all an unspoken thing. We just all know this is what we should do as a guest on someone's property.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                          Have an open door policy with a friend. Karen and I come and go semi regularly. I cook a fabulous dinner Saturday night and help with chores. We can shoot anything except Mr Big. He went 10 years between killing his last 2 bucks.
                          Saw his guest book in November and his last guest was in July. Vowed to go up more often this year.............
                          PM sent...

Comment

I pretty much have an open invite to my best friends ranch....

Oh and it’s a good one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We don't ask for anything or expect anything in return....just having a friend, family member enjoy the outdoors and hunting experience around the campfire is enough. BUT, all on our lease are very selective and respectful of other members. We all realize there are those who don't share our passion that occupies so much of our daily lives and still enjoy the opportunity to promote our love for the great outdoors.

I always believe to share, when I can and provide some who can't live our dream at least a little break from their normal life?

Comment

Working...
                              X