Tacoma Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tacoma Feedback

Looking at the Tundra's and Tacoma's but leaning toward a Tacoma do to gas mileage but have concerns about back seat area and bed size.

For you guys that have Tacoma's do you ever find yourself wishing for a larger truck for bed space? Also have 2 boys 12 and 17 so a little concerned with room in the backseat so any feedback on the comfort of the back seat would be appreciated.

The backseat is about the same size as that of a midsize sedan. Not super roomy. The gas mileage is not that great for a small truck, but it is better than that of a tundra. I don't want a tundra for bed space, I want one for more cab space. The new models are working out a few bugs, but in general you won't find a more reliable vehicle. Check out the website below. It should answer any and all of your questions.

Forum for Toyota Tacoma owners and enthusiasts, 4th gen through 1st gen. Discuss and ask questions. Show off your truck in the free gallery.

Comment

You can get better fuel mileage from a full size ford or Chevy. I had one and hated it. Not enough room for my 13 and 10yr old. They are very reliable and hold their value well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sold a 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel CC and bought a 06' taco. Granted my wife has a full size truck and I have a company vehicle but I love the yota. With 265s and under 75mph average about 17mpg. Pulling my single seat ranger about 15. Havent really needed extra bed space but, like I said if it was a worry we'd roll the chevy. My son will be 14 and is about 5'9' and he sits in the back no worries. I really like it for quick runs to the surf to fish and filling feeders/checking cams before season. Keeps me from toting an ATV

Comment

I had a Nissan frontier and I lost count how many times I wanted a longer bed. At the time, I had twin 13 year old boys and they had plenty of room in the back. I am not sure of the back seat room between the 2 though.

Comment

I have a 2009 Taco. A four door Tacoma has more room in the back seat than any other midsized truck. I don't know that two large adults would want to ride coast-to-coast back there but I have never had any complaints from my passengers. If you are hauling large loads like full sheets of plywood on a very regular basis, the bed size would become a frustration. On the rare occasion I have a load too big for the bed I just hook-up a small utility trailer.

Comment

I own a 2015 Taco 4 door, full cab.

Gas mileage is about 18 in town, 20 hwy. I do wish it were higher.

We go on family trips with it all over the state. Inside room is about the same as a Highlander, so far hasn't been a problem. My kids are 6 and 11 though. I've sat in the back without any issues

Bed space hasn't been a big problem, but it is not a work truck. Spend a $100 each on a hitch hauler and a bed extender and 99% of any space issues are solved.

Factory tires sucked... glad I got the tire warranty.

Have driven it on ranch roads and it performs fine (I have the 2WD)

I did get the factory towing package (hitch, upgraded battery, alternator, tranny cooler) and I have towed a 16' pipe trailer with a load without any problems other than crappy gas mileage.

I'm happy with it. I have put 32K miles on it in the less than 2 years I've had it without any issues. It's comfy and not so big that I have to find special places to park, etc. It fits in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Trust View Post
                For you guys that have Tacoma's do you ever find yourself wishing for a larger truck for bed space?
                Nope, I would be leery about the new ones with the 3.5 engine, they are having problems, anything 2013 and back seemed to be solid.

Comment

I've got a 2012 trd sport with the trd supercharger. This thing will move. I average about 18mpg. I had a full size chevy before this. It is definitely small inside but I am getting used to it.

Comment

Funny you should post this. We brought home a new (to us) Tacoma last night. I LOVE IT!

I have already ordered a new TBH sticker.
                    Last edited by RobinBradbery; 12-07-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I've had mine a little over two years. Very reliable. I've put 65k miles on it. Only average about 18 mpg. Bed size is a bit small but it depends on how much you carry big loads to say if you would need a bigger truck. Resale value better than any other truck.
                      The ride is not as nice as a new F150. I like mine but if I were buying now, with the new version F150 as a choice, I think I would go with the F150.

Comment

I have an 07 Taco four door. I bought it in 2012 with 107K and it's up over 150K now with no problems. My 11 and 12 YO boys ride in the back seat. Like others said, it's decently roomy for a back seat, but it's still a back seat. I haven't had bed issues, but I don't haul much plywood or firewood either. I get 19 highway, more like 15 pulling the Skeeter.

Comment

Had a Tacoma 4 door and was a great truck, traded it in for a Tundra for the extra space...huge difference

Comment

Just bought a17' Crew max 4x4 Tundra. Had a 06 Tacoma, 4 door, 4 wheel drive. Got an average of 16mpg's. My 1st tank of gas in the Tundra was just over 13mpg's. I'll trade the couple miles difference for the size and space, and more power!!

Comment

Really depends how big you are. If my wife is driving I'd have plenty of room in the back seats, however if I try to get comfy behind it when the seat is how it is when I drive it would be tight. Four people is fine, but 5 would be tough over a few hours. Ive had 5 tacos, so I guess I'm biased a bit. I use it like a 4wheeler and it shows, I'll never not own one

Comment

Working...
                              X