X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is better 4H or FFA?

Which is better 4H or FFA and why?

Can a kid be in both 4H and FFA?

A kid can be in both I am an ag teacher, wouldn't say one is better than the other, only that students tend to get more involved in FFA with competitions. I have many students that double dip in both to allow them to miss more days for shows.

Comment

I was wondering the same. I want my kids to show but they aren't old enough for FFA.

Comment

If they are in both which one do they show with?

Comment

When I see FFA and 4H in the same sentence, in my head I immediately hear:
          "4H and FFA, on a field trip to the farm, me'n a friend slipped off behind, this big old barn where we uncovered up covered up moonshine still, decided we'd drink our fill, took me a big ol' sip - blpblpb - done a double back flip, chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug"
          I apologize for the digression - carry on.

(Anybody remember that song?)

Comment

FFA usually does not start until middle school or high school. You can be active with 4h in kindergarten. Kids can show for both. 4h offers more opportunities like food challenge, shooting sports, archery, livestock showing, livestock judging, public speaking and several other things.

FFA and 4h go hand in hand. You don't have to choose one over the other.

Comment

If they are in both that can show with either one that they want. Example: show Houston, and county show for FFA, San Antonio, Ft Worth with 4H. Or even if your in both u can just show with 1.

Comment

My older boy is now in highschool and they offer FFA. We have been in 4H fur 3 years and love the people, but the FFA teacher seems to be very knowledgeable.

Comment

My kids are in both. They have been officers in both for a long time. We currently have a shooting sports club and a regular 4H club that they do photography, cooking, livestock and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    "4H and FFA, on a field trip to the farm, me'n a friend slipped off behind, this big old barn where we uncovered up covered up moonshine still, decided we'd drink our fill, took me a big ol' sip - blpblpb - done a double back flip, chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug"

That's what went through my demented mind as well.

Comment

My son did both. In Milam County, we have a great 4h program. Many things to do for kids of all ages. My boy got more out of 4h than FFA. From life skills to scholarships. State winner in record book and consumer decision making and being on the state shooting team that took nationals twice. I can't say enough good things about the program.

Comment

I think we will have him sign up for FFA along with 4H.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post

Make ya wanna holler hidie ho, burns your tummy, doncha know, chugalug chugalug

Comment

Depends on school district, where I grew up the school didn't really find the FFA so had lots of 4-H clubs. Surrounding towns while more suburban had excellent FFA programs. Other thing 4-H starts in 3rd grade while FFA is jr./high school.

Best bet talk to County extension agent and see what's in the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                              Make ya wanna holler hidie ho, burns your tummy, doncha know, chugalug chugalug
                              Jukebox 'n' sawdust floor
                              Sumpin' like I ain't never seen
                              And I'm just going on fifteen
                              But with the help of my finaglin' uncle I get snuck in
                              For my first taste of sin
                              I said "Lemme have a big old sip"
                              Bllll-bbbb, I done a double back flip

Comment

Working...
                              X