Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Report - New Orleans to Port Aransas - Running the ICW (Ditch) Offshore Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Report - New Orleans to Port Aransas - Running the ICW (Ditch) Offshore Boat

A - Rack, Septic Mike & AtTheWall - Huck Finn Adventure

We just picked up our new offshore boat DUKE on the east side of the Mississippi river near Shell Beach Louisiana.

Our task.....sail from New Orleans down to Port Aransas and dock.

We flew in from Austin & San Antonio this AM. Met Don and proceeded to rig up and sail away.

The DUKE is a 3200 Century powered by a pair of Yamaha 250 HP engines, Panda diesel generator for electrical power, galley with microwave and Euro Kera thermal stove top, refrigerator, shower and head (bathroom), bunks, table and eating quarters. A true offshore sportfishing machine.....and DUKE is going to bring it once we get home!!!!!!!

We are now in a holding pattern just outside the New Orleans Inner Harbor Navigational Canal Lock as the evening New Orleans rush hour traffic clears.

I will shoot shots of items of interest and report on our trip as this adventure unfolds.

Congrats!! Any fishing on the way home?

Comment

Thats awesome guys! Congrats! Have fun, I'll be checking in regularly. I hope this doesnt mean yall wont be doing the snapper trips etc.

Comment

Very nice fellas. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up fishing Shell Beach, Hopedale, and Delacroix ... incredible duck hunting and marsh fishing . It's a shame MRGO (Ms River Gulf Outlet) is closed now post Katrina as the boat ride would have been so much shorter and you could have made a straight shot to the Chandeluer Islands

I'm guessing y'all had to take a northern detour to the MS River and then pass thru Port Sulphur, Buras, Venice , and then enter the GOM via SW Pass

be safe brothers as I'm happy and praying for y'all

Comment

Awesome boat and Im sure it will be a fish catching machine. Congrats!

Comment

Should be great weather to spend a few days on a boat

Comment

Rob,

when approaching Buras, look on the West side of river for Fort Jackson.

it was the scene of several major gun boat battles and strategically located to protect NOLA

FTJ is shaped like a star

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 05-05-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I was wondering if you were going to do a thread on this! Y'all be careful and bring "the Duke" to its new home.

Comment

Aaarrggghhh!
                    Avast ye!
                    Swab the poop deck, do up the halyard, batten the hatches, swash yer bucklers!

Comment

Looks like a memorable adventure. That's a beautiful boat you have there. Have a safe trip.

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

Congrats and good sailing.

Comment

Safe sailing y'all!!!

Comment

In for this adventure.

Comment

Working...