NBA Top 5 - All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
    Yes I am. I am also a basketball fan. I’m not just some spurs nuthugger. Tim Duncan is the best power forward to ever touch a basketball. Yes he had great coaching. Yes he played along side a number of future hall of famers, but Duncan was the glue to that team. To say he wouldn’t have one a championship with any other team is absolutely brainless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Lol! O.K.
    Take Olajuwon off the Rockets and replace him with Duncan. No Championships in Houston...
    Better?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Lol! O.K.
      Take Olajuwon off the Rockets and replace him with Duncan. No Championships in Houston...
      Better?
      Well duh. They would be playing with two power forwards and no center

Comment

Only one of them ever defeated an intergalactic team of engineered super monsters. I think that enough solidifies his spot as the GOAT.

Comment

Lol! O.K.
          Better?

Depends on if Jordan played baseball..

Comment

Duncan and Hakeem are both amazing - Not better than Dirk though. Good little careers they had ...

Comment

Lol! O.K.

Better?

No. Because if you change Duncan and Olajuwon you would have had more titles in Houston. Then y’all could talk **** like we spurs fans do.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                No. Because if you change Duncan and Olajuwon you would have had more titles in Houston. Then y’all could talk **** like we spurs fans do.

Negative on the titles.

Comment

Take Duncan off the Spurs and you have no titles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess we figured out Jordan is the GOAT and were on down the list now...

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Take Duncan off the Spurs and you have no titles.

Relevance your Honor?

Take Jordan off the Bulls=no titles
                      Take Olajuwon off the Rockets=no titles
                      etc. etc. etc.

Take Malone off the Jazz=oh wait
                      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-11-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Relevance your Honor?

Take Jordan off the Bulls=no titles
                        Take Olajuwon off the Rockets=no titles
                        etc. etc. etc.
                        Correct.

Rubi brought this all up, not me. Y'all brought up the crap about Duncan ONLY winning because of his coach and teammates.

Houston fan is trippin like always. LOL.

Comment

Correct.

Rubi brought this all up, not me.

Houston fan is trippin like always. LOL.

Gotcha. Dang Houston fans smh

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also. The discussuo. On ESPN yesterday was about the Spurs dynasty being ONLY because of Tim Duncan. It was over when he retired. A unique talent.

Comment

Also. The discussuo. On ESPN yesterday was about the Spurs dynasty being ONLY because of Tim Duncan. It was over when he retired. A unique talent.

I guess this thread has been revived... My personal opinion is that Duncan is infact the reason San Antonio became 5 time champs. Some bring up/credit Robinson for some of the success but I think Robinson was a great talent but not even top five in centers much less of all times. Obviously Robinson was only around for a few of the Duncan years.

Comparing Duncan to The Dream is hard IMHO. If you want to go strictly of rings Duncan is the obvious choice. If you could swap their playing career I don't think Duncan would have won five rings playing for the rockets had he played instead of the Dream. Also, I don't believe the Dream would have five rings had he played with the Spurs in place of Duncan...

It's enjoyable to discuss the possibilities. I am not sure why people get into a name calling rage because of said discussions.

We can only speculate what the Dream's career would have been had he played basketball early on in his youth. I think he would have been the greatest center by far had he spent his youth under good coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X