No announcement yet.

Most money made in one day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a dirty ol machinist, I dont see big money, and people with big money dont hang around here......

Comment

$37,500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Several years ago I went to Tunica Ms. to do a little gambling. Went to the dice table and on my first roll I held the dice for about 55 minutes. Made a guy on the other end of the table 250,000. He gave me a 10,000 tip. The next time held dice for 30 minutes and made another guy 150,000. That guy gave me a 1,000 tip. But the best part was just before I moved to that table I got to roll with Bocephus. He had a concert there and went and rolled dice after. I stopped and asked if I play and he said sure. Carried on pretty good conversation with him while playing.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
          in Monaco, I watched a guy win ~$250k at roulette ..... then lose it back ... all in a span of about 30 to 45 min. he was betting 5k to 25k per spin

I watched a guy do that at Shreveport one night all night. I was nervous betting about $20 a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            Tim... you want to chime in on this?
            Back when pre-market trading was barely known 15+ years ago I bought a stock that literally just got FDA approval (saw the news via live streaming platform). I was up over 2k as fast as my eyes could see it after hitting the buy button. So 2k in a half second is the fastest.

Other than that maybe 10k on a day trade.

Now a thread for the biggest loss in a day I'd have lots of typing to do LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 4-fletch View Post
              I made 1600 in 8 seconds one time.
              That's the most I've made in a day
              I bought myself in a Calcutta at a bull riding in South Carolina for $25 .. I figured I wasn't that bad.. Won the bull riding and the pot and walked away with $7k or so. Pot paid more than the bull riding

Comment

I got a pic of a friend that had $203,000 in chips on the table.

Comment

When I was in California in the Marines I couldn't sleep and started running down the road on Camp Pendleton. At my turn around spot at about the two-mile Mark I found a $20 bill. That's all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1313 View Post
                    Several years ago I went to Tunica Ms. to do a little gambling. Went to the dice table and on my first roll I held the dice for about 55 minutes. Made a guy on the other end of the table 250,000. He gave me a 10,000 tip. The next time held dice for 30 minutes and made another guy 150,000. That guy gave me a 1,000 tip. But the best part was just before I moved to that table I got to roll with Bocephus. He had a concert there and went and rolled dice after. I stopped and asked if I play and he said sure. Carried on pretty good conversation with him while playing.
                    Not calling BS big man that’s a hell of a story! I’d love to hands out with hank!

Comment

80,000 on a football pot

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                        Inheritance is going to win most of these.
                        Bingo My parents set me and my siblings up for life while my mom and dad were still was alive, Today we buried my mother and I would gladly give every penny back plus all I have made in business to have her here with us. she has been gone for five days and I miss her terribly.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Back when pre-market trading was barely known 15+ years ago I bought a stock that literally just got FDA approval (saw the news via live streaming platform). I was up over 2k as fast as my eyes could see it after hitting the buy button. So 2k in a half second is the fastest.

Other than that maybe 10k on a day trade.

Now a thread for the biggest loss in a day I'd have lots of typing to do LOL
                          I was thinking of starting that thread.

I made 13500 cash in one day. Sold my last truck for cash.

Comment

I worked at an online day trading firm during the dot com days. Charles Schwab acquired us for 600 million dollars.

During my years there, we had NASDAQ traders that could nail 150k per second. Some went a half million per second. Legalized gambling.....ride the highs and lows.

The numbers were unreal.....millions and millions.

During the Charles Schwab - 600 million buyout.
                            The first 5 employees - one had 200 million dollars, a 21 year old UT Drop out, a co-worker, netted 5 million on that same day. He left 2 weeks later. Once the acquisition with Schwab went down - CHA CHING in one big payout. Those first 5 dudes, all multi - multi millionaires. Within a week, the high end automobiles rolled into the parking lot - into their reserved parking spots. The 200 million dollar dude, he smoked his cigar - drank champagne the day these guys made their payout cabbage and he literally walked out. The last words I heard him say on the last day I saw him THE FAT LADY IS SINGING! He bought a home on Lake Travis for 5 million bucks. Used to ride a beach bike into work...long hair and a full blown Austin Hippy type. In one day - FILTHY RICH. His investment into the dream was 40 thousand dollars and a low salary - hoping the business would get acquired. He won that gamble. I think his 40k investment was tied to inheritance or trust fund monies? One of those guys.

5 years later, I got laid off. They paid me 6 months salary in one lump sum wired into my bank account. I was an IT Director then nailing over six figures. No complaints here....moved on. No way in heck I was willing to chase their data center operations into Arizona.

I lived the dot com hey day. Didn't get to retire early like my co-workers, came onboard behind many who nailed it. A lot of the folks who worked for me nailed six figures in a massive payout, and none of them were older than 28 years old. I was the old man at 40 years old.

What a ride!
                            Last edited by AtTheWall; 04-17-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

One of my best friends split a 1M draft kings pot on a golf tournament on a $20 buy in.

He never got the “big” check but the money was in his account in about 4-5 days.

Comment

I found a 20 dollar bill on the side walk once

Comment

Working...
                                X