Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Check out Vibe for a good yaks under $1000

I have a vibe and absolutely love mine. Picked it up on Craigslist for $450 and couldn’t be happier!

I’m 6’4 and 235lbs and I stand up in it all the time fishing. And I usually have a loaded down cooler with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
      So I'm looking at getting into a kayak. Had boats all my life but not in the cards and want to get back into fishing more. Mainly lake and river. I'm a big guy is one issue 6'3 300. Goal would be to help lose some lbs and fish. What kayaks would y'all suggest? I was looking at the ascend 128t or maybe a wilderness systems 135. Thoughts?

Scott
      Love my 128T. I've updated with Yak Power system for my fish finder and lights.

Comment

I picked up the bonafide SS127 yesterday. And so far it's nice. Still need to deck it out to make things nicer and get used to paddling as I think my endurance is low but it's such a nice kayak to fish out of. Went to the cove by the Gaylord this morning but didn't catch any.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t have mine handy for pictures Jackson Kilroy sit in.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
            I really wanted the lure but my back would not fit the seat at all. My back would kill me after 20 min. I need a full support back. Have you had any issues with the back of the seat?
            So far, no issues with the back hurting.

Comment

As someone who has paddled well of 1500 miles, I personally wouldn't consider anything under 14 feet. My current kayak is 17'10". A longer boat will paddle much easier and straighter than a 10-12 foot kayak.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well got my first fish in it on a windy day and the kayak tracks great and cuts the wind really well. It's not stupid fast maybe walking pace or fast walk but made it from the Gaylord to the **** against the wind without dieing. This would be my second trip on the kayak so wouldn't say I'm in paddling shape yet. Thinking it only gets better from here

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nucanoe frontier 12......
                    stable as heck, tracks well, flat deck is versatile for fishing or hunting, seats are highly adjustable with mounting rails along almost the full deck length.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	24535748Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3989.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	24535749

Pretty big fan of the Viking

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post
                        [ATTACH]904073[/ATTACH][ATTACH]904074[/ATTACH]

Pretty big fan of the Viking

Good looking taco

Comment

I tried the Nucanoe and honestly wasn't as stable as I thought. The bonafide feels more stable

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                          Nucanoe frontier 12......
                          stable as heck, tracks well, flat deck is versatile for fishing or hunting, seats are highly adjustable with mounting rails along almost the full deck length.

Comment

Personally I think the Bonafide was a great choice. I bet you get plenty of use from it. Shaun on here is fully committed to the and has 2. He can probably answer any question you might have about them, or find out from the makers directly.

i have the WS Ride 135 I picked up send at a price too good to pass on. I like it a lot but sometimes paddles like a pig in the wind. I attribute it to my lack of skill more than the boat.

Rigging you new boat to the way you want it is as fun as using it, and the options are nearly limitless.

Maybe we should go fishing some time. I'm game to get mine wet just about whenever.

Comment

I am also a big guy. Loved the Vibe sea ghost 130. And for $899 you get the kayak, seat, anchor, paddle, and some other accessories. I just did not want to spend that much since I already have a boat.

Ended up scoring a great deal on the new sundolphin pro angler 12. Rated at 500#. I can walk around on it, very stable.

If i had the budget I would have picked up a ghost 130, the new cabelas ultimate angler, or a Jackson big rig.

Comment

I definitely think I could have looked a bit more and maybe found one cheaper but it felt comfortable and stable it's crazy how it pushes you back to the center when you lean overboard. The junk drawer honestly is worth almost every penny. I use it constantly. The front hatch at 310 pounds I can get up to no problem.

I'm game to fish with anyone around the North Dallas area hit me up. Need to figure the whole kayak fishing thing out.

][/I]
                                Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                I am also a big guy. Loved the Vibe sea ghost 130. And for $899 you get the kayak, seat, anchor, paddle, and some other accessories. I just did not want to spend that much since I already have a boat.

Ended up scoring a great deal on the new sundolphin pro angler 12. Rated at 500#. I can walk around on it, very stable.

If i had the budget I would have picked up a ghost 130, the new cabelas ultimate angler, or a Jackson big rig.

Comment

Working...
                                X