No announcement yet.

Do You Change Feeder Times???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I change the time 15 min before sunrise and 1 hour before sunset.
    I dont change the amount they throw.
    Especially in spring (turkey) time.

Comment

I change my every time I go during the season. I want it throwing as close to daylight as possible, and two hours before dark.

Comment

No. I used to change it every 2 weeks or once a month but I got tired of it. Now I just change the clock to adjust for DST.

So, mine are set to go off at 7:15 and 5 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I change mine every trip due to the nights and days getting longer or shorter. I drive too far to be hardheaded about a 30 sec ordeal. My neighbors and lease members all throw corn......and if I left it the same all year like some folks I could be as long as 1 hour before or after morning light depending on the longer/shorter day swing (absolutely nothing to do with DSL). If it was to spin an hour after light, the deer that would come to my feeder would already be at somebody else's feeder getting full or shot. And if it was that long before light , they would be full, gone, or even worse still there when I walked in.

With the sunrise/ sunset app on my phone at my fingertips, it is lazy not to change it in my opinion. I want every advantage I can get with other folks doing the same. I always set them when I leave to be perfect by my next planned trip.

I have been doing the following for 10 years on our place.

AM is set 15 minutes after civil twilight or the crack of dawn. Civil twilight/crack of dawn is around 30 minutes before the actual Sunrise listing, so I always take Sunrise and subtract 15 minutes to get my AM set time for the 4 feeders we manage. That usually gives me decent light when it goes off.

PM is always 1.5 hours before the Sunset listing. That gives me two hours of good light with the spinner having spun. I get in 1-1.5 hours before, throw handcorn and have a good 3 hours of hunting.

In short....very simple.
          AM is 15 minutes before sunrise listing
          PM is 1.5 hours before sunset listing.

I also adjust for DSL because it is simply easier to keep up with when I do change my feeder times through the year. Again...another quick adjustment for convenience.
          I guess it is just better to adjust with DS & sun up/down. And also hit the test button every time I make an adjustment. Thanks.

Comment

We change ours to feed while it's dark in the morning and evenings in the offseason to cut down on the dove and quail consumption. We tweak throughout the season.
            Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 02-06-2018, 10:35 AM. Reason: ...

Comment

I never adjust for DLS but I do adjust for length of day. The closer we get to hunting season, the more diligent I am.

Dilly! Dilly!

Comment

I do not change for daylight savings time, but do adjust for longer/shorter days. I try to keep them AT daylight or a little before (I like for the animals to start eating with a little darkness so they can relax before it starts getting lighter) and 1.5 hours before last shooting light.

Comment

I feed at 7:15 am and 4:15 pm, never change times, deer don't go by daylight savings time.

God Bless
                  Bish

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                    I never adjust for DLS but I do adjust for length of day. The closer we get to hunting season, the more diligent I am.

Dilly! Dilly!
                    Pigs are even more picky when I am planning hog hunts
                    I also plan on feeding after turkeys roost now.
                    They are bad on the unfenced feeders

Comment

Nope. What mines set at right now is what it's set at year around. 7am and 4pm are throw times.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't change my time for DST but i do reduce the amount of feed I throw after deer season

Comment

I have a different time for archery season than I do general gun, and late season. I try to have it go off 15 minutes before legal shooting light.

Comment

I adjust for sunup and sundown, as days get shorter, but I leave the timer on DST, just remembering that it is an hour off in the winter.

Comment

Im in the camp of setting in relation to actual sun up/sun down times.

Comment

I change the times 4-5 times a year, probably 3 time changes just from September-January. If I had just one feeder then I'd change it nearly every trip I'm sure but it takes 1.5+ hrs just to drive to all 12 feeders. No neighbors close by throwing feed either otherwise I'd take that into consideration as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X