Bowtech Assassin VS Bowtech Destroyer 340

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtech Assassin VS Bowtech Destroyer 340

I am looking to purchase a backup to my Hoyt Defiant. I am looking at a couple of bows, the Bowtech Assassin and Bowtech Destroyer 340. I have shot them both and quite frankly am impressed with both. I only shoot between 54 - 58 draw weight so I am leaning towards the destroyer (60lb peak). But I would like to possibly start shooting at a heavier weight to get faster arrow speed. I do not know much about Bowtech but have been told they went through a period of making sub par bows. My questions are: 1) How do they compare to Hoyt or Matthews? 2) Which of the two Bowtech's are better? 3) Which of the two have a better resale value (the destroyer is priced about $75.00 more)?

Mathews halon 32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had both and for the money I'd go with the higher end destroyer to me it's a little quieter and shoots better than the other. Plus if you ever want to sell the resale will be better. All in all both are pretty descent bows for a backup.

Comment

Both great bows but I really liked the 340. One of my all time favorite bows.

Comment

Destroyer is now obsolete... no replacement parts are made. Assasine is a great bow

Comment

Can't beat either one. My dad has a Assassin and he kills all kinds of critters. My buddy had a destroyer 340 and he killed all kinds of animals, he would still have it if it didn't blow up on him and he had no choice but to get a new bow... so that's something to think about

Comment

Both Destroyers (340 & 350) are known to have limb issues. Lots of limbs delaminate and there are no bow tech replacements available. I shoot a Destroyer 340 and love it but realize I am on borrowed time. I also had an assassin before the Destroyer and loved it too. All a matter of preference but I think I would play it safe and go with the Assassin.

Comment

My assassin is the best bow ive ever owned. I bought the insanity and the invasion after I already had the assassin and then turned around and sold both of them and kept the assassin, I don't know what it is but that bow is just a tack driver for me, I plan to buy another assassin to setup exactly like my current one to have as a backup.

Comment

I shoot an assassin and love it and it is adjustable too

Comment

Can't speak for the assassin but 340 has been through about all you can put a bow through from tournaments to flying and rough country hunting. Never an issue and will still shoot great. Did just replace it with halon only because I wanted a new bow

Comment

Love my assassin, nice weight, solid wall, good speed

Comment

I think you will be happy with either one!! I love my 340 and my buddies love their assassins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get the destroyer be sure and purchase a quality helmet preferably with a face shield so when the limbs blow your head will be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                            Both great bows but I really liked the 340. One of my all time favorite bows.
                            x2

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Destroyer is now obsolete... no replacement parts are made. Assasine is a great bow
                              you can get limbs from barnsdale

Comment

Working...
                              X