Bump Gate friendly road feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump Gate friendly road feeder?

Recently picked up a new ranch that has bump gates. I prefer to have my road feeder on the front as I have a basket on the back for game and can still open the tailgate for access to bed. Anyone know of a road feeder that can stand up to bump gates? I see the All Season Hercules road feeders have a curved bar in front of the motor housing but not sure if it sticks out past the actual hopper to protect it.

I have this Lamco feeder that is built well and is low so that you can put in on the back of your truck or UTV and still open the tailgate.

I put it on the back, rack on the front. Having the road feeder on the back makes it a lot easier to load corn from the bed to the feeder and you also don't have all the dust from the feeder blowing in your face.

If you went this route you can hit the bump gates with the rack and have a feeder that allows you to open the tailgate. Win win

The Lamco UTV 100 lb. Road Feeder is designed to fit perfectly on your Ranger, Mule or other utility terrain vehicles. The road feeder fits into the receiver of your UTV and gives you the most ground clearance while still being able to lower your tailgate. Worried about those rough ranch roads? We build this feeder usi

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      I have this Lamco feeder that is built well and is low so that you can put in on the back of your truck or UTV and still open the tailgate.

I put it on the back, rack on the front. Having the road feeder on the back makes it a lot easier to load corn from the bed to the feeder and you also don't have all the dust from the feeder blowing in your face.

If you went this route you can hit the bump gates with the rack and have a feeder that allows you to open the tailgate. Win win

https://shop.lamcofeeders.com/collec...d-feeder-100lb

Hey that just might work. Thanks. Would you mind to get a measurement from the top of the 2" tube that slides in the receiver to the top of the feeder just so I can double check the clearance on my truck. Might could even leave the basket in the bed of the truck till needed. We don't shoot critters every hunt but we dang sure sling corn on every one.

Comment

The all seasons are heavy duty

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          Hey that just might work. Thanks. Would you mind to get a measurement from the top of the 2" tube that slides in the receiver to the top of the feeder just so I can double check the clearance on my truck. Might could even leave the basket in the bed of the truck till needed. We don't shoot critters every hunt but we dang sure sling corn on every one.
          Mine is out at the ranch and unfortunately I'm stuck at work for a few days. I'll try to remember this weekend to measure.

If you look on page 5 of 12 of this link it shows one on the back of a F150

Comment

Bump gate and friendly DO NOT belong in the same sentence!!!
            In actuality if you'll spend some time getting to know the fine art of getting through them without ripping off fenders and knocking out lights, they're not that bad! Don't know that I'd run my road feeder out front though, maybe if I built a pipe cage for it.

Comment

You’ll want a grille guard at a minimum on the front of your truck. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                The all seasons are heavy duty
                X2

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                  Bump gate and friendly DO NOT belong in the same sentence!!!
                  In actuality if you'll spend some time getting to know the fine art of getting through them without ripping off fenders and knocking out lights, they're not that bad! Don't know that I'd run my road feeder out front though, maybe if I built a pipe cage for it.
                  Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                  You’ll want a grille guard at a minimum on the front of your truck. Trust me.
                  No worries about getting thru the bump gates, I love them. I call them lazy mans gates as you don’t have to get out to open or close them. I work out west and go thru them regularly, just never leased a ranch for hunting with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                    Mine is out at the ranch and unfortunately I'm stuck at work for a few days. I'll try to remember this weekend to measure.

If you look on page 5 of 12 of this link it shows one on the back of a F150

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/26...ure_web.pdf?12
                    No worries bud, I might just call them and ask. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I saw a replacement bumper with a built-in integral road feeder a couple years back. Looked really nice. Can’t remember the brand.

Comment

How about adding a receiver tube on the basket to attach the road feeder to? The basket could be on the truck with the feeder behind it and corn in the basket for easy feeder filling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X