How to remove tusks from Hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove tusks from Hogs

I am in the process of trying to remove he tusks from a couple of large hogs.

Please explain the process of how this is done.
    Last edited by topwater blowup; 01-03-2009, 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling

I guess you can just cook the head in boiling water and after a while pull it out and see if you can pull the teeth out.

Comment

I would kill them first but if you feel the need to do it while they are alive please get it on video for all to see.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        I would kill them first but if you feel the need to do it while they are alive please get it on video for all to see.
        LOL

Comment

If you boil the skull the tusks will fall out........if it has good tusks, you should do a euro mount on the him........

Comment

saw zaw then bleach them.

Comment

i wouldnt boil them for long or they might crack... just cut away as much tissue as possible and boil for a SHORT time they should come out with a little more cutting

Comment

hog tusk

if you boil out the head and let it set and dry a couple of weeks they will loosen and you can pull them out....dont forget this tusk dont just pull straight out the curl into the jaw bone so you have to roll the teeth out.....if you havent done this before you will be suprised how long these are.....

Comment

Thaks for the information! I boiled the heads for about 20 minutes today, let them cool and the teeth rolled out with little effort. I am going to send them to my wifes uncle, he is going to use them in his knife making projects.

Will post pictures as soon as the project is finished.

Comment

I woulda dremeled them out... but glad to hear the came out after boilin

Comment

I would suggest filling them with Bondo or epoxy of some type. This will strengthen them and keep them from cracking. I thin the bondo with resin then add the hardener and pour slowly into the tusk. This keeps air bubbles out.

Comment

i have killed about 15 hogs and have always pulled them out with pliers, am I doing this and missing out on some length? I have never boiled, sawed, or cut away any gum area or anything like this listed above, Is this odd or what's the deal?

Comment

Mine fell out after simmering in a low boil of hot soapy water for a couple of hours and a high pressure wrinse.

Greg

Comment

i tie a string to them, then tie the string to a doorknob, then slam the door... works everytime...

Comment

Originally posted by philafal View Post
                              i tie a string to them, then tie the string to a doorknob, then slam the door... works everytime...
                              LOL, I like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X