• Show
Clear All

Nice shooting, congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats, what a day!

Comment

That's awesome Brother!!! Congrats and good luck this evening!!!

Skinny

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Way to start the season off. Congrats.

Comment

Don't cha jus luv days like that, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                    I'm sure gonna try!

Well what's the story? I assume you got him at your hanging feeder? I could go for a good success story right now considering the ags lost and my deer are apparently out on vacation somewhere
                    Yeah, it was my hanging feeder.

About 8:55 this morning I heard something coming in from the south, behind me. Directly below me walks a fawn, then another and then a third one. Then three does come with the fawns. They were all within 10 to 15 feet of me. Then three bucks came in and all nine deer headed to the feeder.

I couldn't move with all of those eyes so I just watched them for awhile.

All of the fawns still had spots so the mommys got a pass but there was one big fat ol' girl that's going down once those youngin's are old enough.

Two of the bucks were under size and age but it was obvious that this guy was legal. I considered passing him up but after watching him for a while I decided that he gave me the shot I'd take it.

It took awhile but he was at 20 yds, slightly quartering away and every body had their heads down so I sealed the deal.

10 minutes after they all ran off I was just fixin to get out of the tree and go look for my arrow but two does a fawn and one buck came back. I sat tight and waited for them to leave.

30 minutes later I was able to climb down and go after my arrow. It was ten yards past where the buck was and was buried so deep that I don't think I would have found it if it wasn't for the Nockturnal.

Followed the blood trail about thirty yards, looked up and there he was about another thirty yards up ahead. I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to work my dog so I went back and got Houla the Catahoula and put her on the trail.

This was her first real blood trail. She's only worked liver drags before now. She wasn't too sure what was going on at first but with some encouragement and praise she started to get the idea. She got off track twice but it didn't take much to get her lined out. She was nose down and then at about five feet from the deer she looked up and was kinda startled. Didn't quite know what to make of that critter. I let her nose the deer and spend some time with it and from that moment on you just about had to use a crowbar to get her away from him. When I gutted him Houla made off with the nads and had herself a treat. Houla likes deer hunting.

Well that's about it Justin. Now I'm on the other stand. Maybe a pig will show up.

Comment

Nice deer congrats

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess good things do come in three's

Comment

Way to go! It all adds up to an awesome day!!

Comment

Great day for sure!

Comment

congrats.

Comment

Congrats.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X