Instinctive w/Compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instinctive w/Compound?

How many (if any) of you guys shoot a compound instinctively?

I used to do that as well as a lot of other guys, but that was long, long ago, in a far away place.

I just today ran across such a specimen up in Wisconsin. I told him I thought his style might be going the way of the Do-Do bird.

Am I wrong?

There are not many. I shot an oneida eagle just like my longbow, no sights, off the shelf, and canted for several years. I shoot a lot of 3D and organizations like ASA and IBO do not even have a class for barebow anymore. NFAA still has a barebow class, but every one of those guys shoot tricked out target rigs with 3' stabilizers. There are a couple of these REALLY GOOD NFAA barebow shooters right here in Georgetown.

Bisch

Comment

Yeah, I've seen the tricked out bows, but didn't know the class was called "barebow." What a misnomer!

My guy is basically a hunter; no tricky. (I was, too.)

Comment

I shot NFAA in bowhunter division for years and shot fingers as are the rules. I shot many indoor leagues and have shot several 300's on the blue face targets. It works.

Comment

it's pretty rare. Does the "Nuge" still do this? It was one of, if not the only, redeeming quality I found in the man.

Comment

I shoot my old PSE Phaser II "Bare". It was my bowfishing bow and I retired it. Now I just goof off with it in the yard

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
              it's pretty rare. Does the "Nuge" still do this? It was one of, if not the only, redeeming quality I found in the man.
              No, Ted does not shoot barebow anymore! He has all the latest and greatest of whatever the companies give him for free!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                I shot NFAA in bowhunter division for years and shot fingers as are the rules. I shot many indoor leagues and have shot several 300's on the blue face targets. It works.
                With no sights?

Bisch

Comment

I have a few times testing out my frankenbow, not really good at it

Comment

Been there, done that...but it was so long ago the tee shirt is worn out and the wrong size.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      No, Ted does not shoot barebow anymore! He has all the latest and greatest of whatever the companies give him for free!

Bisch
                      Well, there goes the one redeeming quality I saw in the man. Oh well. Guess I'm not surprised though.

Comment

Originally posted by chunky View Post
                        been there, done that...but it was so long ago the tee shirt is worn out and the wrong size.
                        lol.

Comment

Tim Wells shoots instinctively with a compound, and is one of the best shots I've ever seen.

Comment

Check out the Fitzgeralds. They shoot short Matthews compounds with fingers. They are very good also.

Comment

I have been chcking into getting a Hoyt Tribute (long axle compound) to shoot with a flipper rest and no sights. A guy at my local range has one and he is a great shot. He use to shoot traditional but shoulder problems made him switch things up. Although not traditional, I see the fun of a compound with fingers and no sights. Would still require the mental game of shooting any traditional bow, but with the added benefit of letoff and a defined draw length stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X