Any spray foam installers here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any spray foam installers here.

I am trying to find out the going rate to foam a barndo.

It's based on the number of board feet you'll need (volume of the foam, 1 bf = 12"x12"x1").
    You'll need that info before you can get any kind of verbal bid.

Comment

If youre spraying it and can see the results, I say great. For anyone who is having retro pumped in foam, buyer VERY aware of how they will rip you off.

In short. GOt flooded. Contractor insulated wrong. I found out most of the insulation in the upper portion of the cavities was removed and not replaced. We had a battle and resolved it with they will send out a company to drill holes in the sheetrock, pump in foam and repair the holes. They did everything they said they would do BUT!!!!! When I got there I could see foam drippings from every drilled hole. I thought it had been completed correctly.

Fast forward to Harvey, we got it again. When we removed the sheetrock I found out what those thieving POS did. They stuck the nozzle in the drilled hole, pulled the trigger and then left off of the trigger as they removed the nozzle. This made it look as if the cavity was full. There was no more than a pie plate size chunk of foam in most of the cavities.

I know somewhere out there is a good contractor. For the most part I like feral hogs better than I like the contractors I have met over the last few years.

I don't mean to step on your thread but it is information you or anyone could use in the future. If they are spraying onto r panel then you should easily be able to see any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        It's based on the number of board feet you'll need (volume of the foam, 1 bf = 12"x12"x1").
        You'll need that info before you can get any kind of verbal bid.
        6358 sq ft or for 3" of foam 19074 board foot

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
          6358 sq ft or for 3" of foam 19074 board foot
          For the life of me, I can't remember his screen name, but there is a member that quoted me a price on mine ... and it was very reasonable. Fulldraw529, maybe? Strummer told me about him, maybe he'll see this and chime in.

Comment

I believe we played either 6k or 6500 for 2400 as ft 6 in thick on both the walls and roof. That was for open cell. We used a guy named Sergio and I think Chance used him as well.

Comment

Bloodtrailer see if you can remember who you used and a phone number would be great.
              My building Sq ft is 3040. We are building close to you.

Comment

Open cell or closed cell? I won't spray open cell directly to any metal substrate. $1-$1.25 a board foot is the going rate for closed cell. Depending on the codes where your building you might need ignition barrier in the attic. Which equates to more $.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                  If youre spraying it and can see the results, I say great. For anyone who is having retro pumped in foam, buyer VERY aware of how they will rip you off.

In short. GOt flooded. Contractor insulated wrong. I found out most of the insulation in the upper portion of the cavities was removed and not replaced. We had a battle and resolved it with they will send out a company to drill holes in the sheetrock, pump in foam and repair the holes. They did everything they said they would do BUT!!!!! When I got there I could see foam drippings from every drilled hole. I thought it had been completed correctly.

Fast forward to Harvey, we got it again. When we removed the sheetrock I found out what those thieving POS did. They stuck the nozzle in the drilled hole, pulled the trigger and then left off of the trigger as they removed the nozzle. This made it look as if the cavity was full. There was no more than a pie plate size chunk of foam in most of the cavities.

I know somewhere out there is a good contractor. For the most part I like feral hogs better than I like the contractors I have met over the last few years.

I don't mean to step on your thread but it is information you or anyone could use in the future. If they are spraying onto r panel then you should easily be able to see any problems.
                  I would be interested in knowing what contractor did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradgrace View Post
                    Open cell or closed cell? I won't spray open cell directly to any metal substrate. $1-$1.25 a board foot is the going rate for closed cell. Depending on the codes where your building you might need ignition barrier in the attic. Which equates to more $.
                    Closed cell, out in the Burnet county. no codes

Comment

Where you located? I have a kid on our high school fishing team whose family owns a spray foam business. Coach

Comment

Burnet county?

Comment

Originally posted by coachmas View Post
                          Burnet county?
                          yes between Burnet and Bertram

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            For the life of me, I can't remember his screen name, but there is a member that quoted me a price on mine ... and it was very reasonable. Fulldraw529, maybe? Strummer told me about him, maybe he'll see this and chime in.

Yes Kevin fulldraw_529 Aaron has a spray foam company

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                              Bloodtrailer see if you can remember who you used and a phone number would be great.
                              My building Sq ft is 3040. We are building close to you.
                              Sergio*512-468-5985*

You can pm chance love I think he used him as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X