No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch break workout was my first time on a road bike.

Freshly assembled and reasonably fit to my frame. I went down to the park near my work and road for a while, checked out gears and the feel of the bike; probably got about 3 miles in, maybe. The loop I mapped out will get me 10+ on a lunch break if I'm able to do it. That'll get put in the rotation a few times per week.

Comment

Nailed a chest and triceps workout this am. Worked abs in as well. Starting back slowly but did 275 for 3 on bench. Will go up to 295 on Thursday and into the 300's next week. Build it back a little at a time. I am loving this Nitraflex preworkout!

Comment

Good day today...

shoulders and hammy's. Deadlifts, leg curls, some leg press, and calf raises. Lateral raises, shoulder press on the plate loaded machine, rear delt cable pulls. Always hitting the abs...decline situps, leg raises, cable rotations, and finish it off with hanging leg raises.

I like the Nitraflex as well. A guy at the gym is supposed to give me the name of an NO2 product that has no caffeine. I'm gonna add that in to my preworkout.

Comment

Lunch Break Outdoor Workout:

100m walking lunge

3 Rounds -
          2x KB Windmill (each)
          4x KB Rack-Squat (each)
          6x KB Snatch (each)

100m walking lunge

3 Rounds -
          5x KB Swing (each)
          5x KB Snatch (each)
          5x KB Clean (each)
          5x KB Squat (each)
          5x KB Press (each)
          5x KB Halo - both ways.

It was a beast considering my little hellion...er..darling daughter..is teething and I was on wakeup duty all night.

Comment

Yesterday was a rest day, back and arms today with a little ab work for good measure. Light cardio tomorrow. Eating a little cleaner too, my eating habits always fall off through deer season.

Comment

But just noticed today makes 760 days that I haven't missed tracking calories and macros. I missed a week when I was on a trip with no cell service right before this or it'd be close to 1k!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, today turned into a rest day. I woke up @0130 and could not go back to sleep until nearly 0500. Today WAS going to be cardio and ab blasting. Guess I'll do that Saturday. Chest, abs and biceps tomorrow.

Comment

Wednesday Lunch:

Today was supposed to be a shooting day. I wanted to put about 3 dozen arrows in at lunch at 20 yards. Need to get 'in shape' for the TTH challenge in April at CCR. Unfortunately, I checked last night and all my arrows are broad-headed up and I didn't have time to change them over. So, instead, today became a bro-sesh day. I figured if I can't shoot I may as well work the shoulder girdle.

100m lunge warm up

4x12 standing chin-row
                  3x8 lateral KB raise
                  3x10 T-bar front raise
                  3x12x12 KB front raise-to-forward press
                  2xMax bent front T-bar raise

Now I'm back at my desk.

Comment

Got in a back and shoulder workout early this am. Pretty good workout but I need to make myself start deadlifting again. I hate it and have not in years. Well at least not seriously or heavy with any consistency. Once a year with light weight doesn't count!

Comment

Ive been steady at it since mid Oct both regarding diet and working out. I havent dropped a lb overall but have shaved off 9 lbs of fat, and added 9lbs of lean muscle according to the $8000 scale at the gym. Today was my off day for the week so I played golf. Tomorrow is chest and biceps. Looks like a lot of the same folks still at it.

Comment

Had an all day gym affair yesterday...kickin' it old school tonight with the rusty ****..Sit-ups in a few...Keep after 'em fella's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had some "changes" come up.....

Several weeks ago we looked into life insurance. Well they told me a lady would come to the house and "finish up " ( I'm redneck as they get, I have no clue about any of this process). So lady changes dates and times 5 times that week and finally says 2pm... ok
                          I tell my wife I'm going to the gym at 11... I take all my pre workout stuff and head to the gym. Proceed to kick my own @ss (anyone that has followed my workout in the past knows it's "till you can't do anymore ). Start my post workout cardio and take my post workout shake. Wife text... she said she will be there in 15. So I wrap up 5 min early and head home.

Had to pee... so I did and lady shows up with "test kit". I told her of everything:
                          1. I just finished working out
                          2. I'm still itching from pre workout
                          3. I ate 20 min ago
                          4. I already peed

"You sure this test will be ok?"...... "oh yea, no problem"

Bp- perfect
                          Everything perfect.... except enzymes (now wife thinks I have live damage... heck I might)

After 5 day of bro science and reading studies, working out within 48hrs of this test is an absolute no no since the enzyme they are measuring is released by damaged muscles

Levels weren't "scary high" but enough I was declined the premium rate so I'm testing again with my dr Tuesday. Been off all supplements since Monday and will stay off till test is done at least and will stop lifting Thursday to test Tuesday. Levels remain high for 7 days after but I believe if that was the issue I'm close enough 4.5 days and 8+ hrs fasted and hydrated SHOULD correct it. I'll report back, good or bad news.

Today was shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Had some "changes" come up.....

Several weeks ago we looked into life insurance. Well they told me a lady would come to the house and "finish up " ( I'm redneck as they get, I have no clue about any of this process). So lady changes dates and times 5 times that week and finally says 2pm... ok
                            I tell my wife I'm going to the gym at 11... I take all my pre workout stuff and head to the gym. Proceed to kick my own @ss (anyone that has followed my workout in the past knows it's "till you can't do anymore ). Start my post workout cardio and take my post workout shake. Wife text... she said she will be there in 15. So I wrap up 5 min early and head home.

Had to pee... so I did and lady shows up with "test kit". I told her of everything:
                            1. I just finished working out
                            2. I'm still itching from pre workout
                            3. I ate 20 min ago
                            4. I already peed

"You sure this test will be ok?"...... "oh yea, no problem"

Bp- perfect
                            Everything perfect.... except enzymes (now wife thinks I have live damage... heck I might)

After 5 day of bro science and reading studies, working out within 48hrs of this test is an absolute no no since the enzyme they are measuring is released by damaged muscles

Levels weren't "scary high" but enough I was declined the premium rate so I'm testing again with my dr Tuesday. Been off all supplements since Monday and will stay off till test is done at least and will stop lifting Thursday to test Tuesday. Levels remain high for 7 days after but I believe if that was the issue I'm close enough 4.5 days and 8+ hrs fasted and hydrated SHOULD correct it. I'll report back, good or bad news.

Today was shoulders

Dang! Good Luck

Got in a chest and triceps workout at the hotel early this am. Had to improvise a little bit but I got in a good one non the less. I will start my cardio jump rope routine I. The next couple of weeks. I'm feeling good!

Comment

Back and biceps done with 25 min cardio... time to "rest" till Tuesday

Comment

Chest and Biceps and Calves today. 2 hr total workout including warmup and cool down. Today was also weigh in day for me. Total weight was up .2 lbs, 186.9, from last week but body fat was down over 2 lbs and lean muscle mass was up over 2 lbs as well. My body fat is 19.2% which is the lowest it has been since I was a lean mean fighting machine in my 20s. Previous attempts have always had me plateauing at the 20% level. My goal for now is 14%. I have finally found the magic formula that works for me regarding weight lifting, cardio and diet. My body weight has remained basically the same since the beginning of Nov but Im down 11 lbs on my body fat. Not a bad 3 months. Onward!

Comment

Working...
                                X