Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed for a trad newbie

Trad Guys,
    I need some advice. I've got a Diamond C trip in 3 weeks. I'm going to try to KAP with my recurve. It is a PSE Stalker @45 lbs. My question is what broadhead and weight should I use for a pig with this setup? Currently using Carbon Express Predator 4560 arrows. Are they sufficient for hunting? Getting excited, I got this bow for my birthday last September, and this will be the first time It shoots at anything other than a target.
    Hoping to get a Blackbuck or Axis with my DXT then take a pig with this recurve.
    thanks for advice ahead of time.

Use the same weight (or very close) brosdhead as you have for your field points. If you make a big change in point weight it could negatively effect arrow flight/performance.

If you are shooting 45# at your draw length, I would suggest a 2 blade broadhead. There are a ton to choose from and most all of them are plenty good heads. Make sure they are scary sharp. Practice with one before you go hunting to make sure there are no flight issues.

Good luck on your hunt!

Bisch

Comment

listen to bisch, he has helped me in deciding what recurve to buy and has always given great advice.

Comment

X2 on the two blade hair poppin sharp heads!Practice as much as you can with whatever hunting setup you plan to use before the hunt....Get as close as you can and dont get discouraged if you whiff a few!

Comment

Magnus 2 blades are really easy to sharpen as well

Comment

2Blade and stick'em good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Use the same weight (or very close) brosdhead as you have for your field points. If you make a big change in point weight it could negatively effect arrow flight/performance.

If you are shooting 45# at your draw length, I would suggest a 2 blade broadhead. There are a ton to choose from and most all of them are plenty good heads. Make sure they are scary sharp. Practice with one before you go hunting to make sure there are no flight issues.

Good luck on your hunt!

Bisch
              A perfect answer. Now go kill a pig!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Good luck on your hunt!

Bisch
                Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                A perfect answer. Now go kill a pig!
                X 3 !!!

Rick

Comment

Working...
                X