Takedown preferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takedown preferences

I would like to look at buying a takedown. Sarrels are nice, Palmers website is down, any other brands to look at? I'm looking at no more than 50 lbs max at 27 1/2

I shoot a Palmer takedown. My DL is 27.5 as well. The bow (used) is marked 55# @ 31 so I'm probably in the high 40s just guessing. I love the bow. But I'm kind of new at this and haven't shot many. I looked at some Bob Lee's a few weeks ago that guys had and they looked very nice.

Comment

There's a bunch of bowyers out there!! Lee,Horne,Great Plains,Foley,Dryad Bows,Roy Hall, David Oakes (Brush Country Bows) and Bobby Lukenhause(sp). These are all in Texas and I'm sure there are a couple more I don't know about.I've owned bows from all but 2 of the above and they were all great bows. If you can, go to the TBOT shoot at Vanderpool (Better known as The Hill Country Shootout) in April. It is the biggest all trad shoot in Texas and there are always a handful of bowyers there to let you try out one or all of their bows!! You will have a great time I promise!!

Comment

I'm a big Black widow fan. Both Bob's make nice bows as well

Comment

What Buff said. I also have a Morrison that shoots really well. I don't know that there are any "bad" bows out there, just a matter of pref.

Comment

I think my Sarrels Blueridge is the best there is. Another guy will not like my Blueridge at all. Point being, the best thing you can do is go to a few big trad shoots like Vanderpool or Chester and bug everyone there who has a bow you like the looks of. You will pick one up that you just won't want to give back, and that will be the answer for you.

Bisch

Comment

I shoot a Partners (Palmer) and a Quinn Stallion. I'm pretty sure Quinn is gone now. and there's no telling how long it will be before Palmer starts making bows again? or how long you'd have to wait on an order.
              If I was buying new today it would be a Bob Lee
              I shot Wings (Bob Lee) through most of my competitive years. the best bows I ever shot!

Comment

bob lee

Comment

I like 2-piece take downs while others like 3-piece. To each his own.

Might give montanabows.com a look. If nothing else, just for some ideas. If you're ever around Dallas, you're welcome to shoot mine.

Comment

Definately take a look at Bob Lee Bows!
                    B

Comment

one thing about Bob Lee bows
                      if he doesn't have one in stock you like
                      they never take more than about 3 weeks to deliver an order
                      Impeccably Crafted Recurves and Longbows Since 1951 Looking for a Custom Build ?

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                        There's a bunch of bowyers out there!! Lee,Horne,Great Plains,Foley,Dryad Bows,Roy Hall, David Oakes (Brush Country Bows) and Bobby Lukenhause(sp). These are all in Texas and I'm sure there are a couple more I don't know about.I've owned bows from all but 2 of the above and they were all great bows. If you can, go to the TBOT shoot at Vanderpool (Better known as The Hill Country Shootout) in April. It is the biggest all trad shoot in Texas and there are always a handful of bowyers there to let you try out one or all of their bows!! You will have a great time I promise!!
                        This. There are a lot of great bows out there.

Comment

Bear Custom Kodiak, great bows Tons of extra limbs out there.

Comment

I like the takedown PSR by Black Widow. That is a sweet bow

Comment

Working...
                            X