Form Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form Question

My son is getting good. Scary good. How can I learn to shoot like him?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362593107.593586.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	24953717

We were shooting from 7-20 yards last night and he was grouping every single arrow into a 4" circle. I would tell him a different spot to shoot at... He didn't flinch. Just stroked that string. He is so consistent with his form and release. I dont think he even knows. Cade does not care what distance, what target, the angle, nothin! He just shoots. All the time!!! he asks me questions and i dont have the answers. I wish I could shoot with his confidence. He wants to get better.

Bob, you ready to coach him up? He has passed my level of knowledge. He is 8.

good luck with that i am sure you can find a "old timer" who will take him under his wing.

Comment

That's great ! My guess is that an 8 year old brain is uncluttered with the overthinking that plagues alot of us when we shoot.(read "me") He goes on pure instinct -"shoot that spot? OK, THWACK!" It shows what that computer between our ears can do if we will just let it. Of course you have to have good form too, which he aparently does.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        That's great ! My guess is that an 8 year old brain is uncluttered with the overthinking that plagues alot of us when we shoot.(read "me") He goes on pure instinct -"shoot that spot? OK, THWACK!" Of course you have to have good form too, which he aparently does.

Comment

Awesome getting started early.

Comment

What kind of bow is that and where can I get one for my 9 yr old?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              That's great ! My guess is that an 8 year old brain is uncluttered with the overthinking that plagues alot of us when we shoot.(read "me") He goes on pure instinct -"shoot that spot? OK, THWACK!" It shows what that computer between our ears can do if we will just let it. Of course you have to have good form too, which he aparently does.
              Yea, the kid looks the same every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Conway View Post
                What kind of bow is that and where can I get one for my 9 yr old?
                I got this dude on Amazon for $36. It is not a toy. It is a heck of a shooter. He is pulling back about 22lbs. It is a Martin XR Youth Recurve.

Some of the web sites call it a Martin XR 100. Same bow. They just charge $90 for it because they can.
                Last edited by SMOOTHboar; 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post

My son is getting good. Scary good. How can I learn to shoot like him?
                  Do like your boy did, and get the monkey off your back……

Seriously.....It is good to see young ones like your boy being taught an appreciation for our sport.

Congrats to your boy on some fine shooting, and thanks for taking the time to pass on your knowledge to the next generation.

Comment

Yep, great form! Something to look forward to when mine gets to be that age!

Comment

It is a lot of fun shooting with my two kids.

Comment

People come from East and West.

To ask the secret of shooting success.

You can grin like the devil or you can smile like a saint,

but the truth is some guys got it, and some guys aint....

As told to me by my 86 year old gunning buddy.

Comment

Indeed some people do.

Comment

That's my boy. I do like him a lot.

Comment

I told him I went to see you today Bob. It went like this.

Me: Guess who's house I went today!
                              Cade: I don't know who's?
                              Me: Bob's
                              Cade: When! Really? Without ME! When?
                              Me: While you were at girl scouts with your sister.
                              Cade: Ahhh! Did you shoot yer bow?
                              Me: No
                              Cade: Did you play in his bone pile?
                              Me: Not particularly
                              Cade: Then why'd you go?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X