WTB Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Recurve

I am looking for a light poundage recurve for a older gentelman, his grandson shoots with my 4H club and he wants to go out in the yard and shoot with him. He told me he does not want a bow with all the fancy gadgets. He wants to keep the price around $150. He is a big guy 6'2". He needs a right-handed bow
    Last edited by jimmy o; 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM.

The Sammick Sage is a good bow and sells for about $130.

Comment

I have a dual shelf Bear bow 45@28", not to much to look at, but a good bow. Let me look it over to make sure nothing has happened to it.

Comment

Originally posted by chester12 View Post
        I have a dual shelf Bear bow 45@28", not to much to look at, but a good bow. Let me look it over to make sure nothing has happened to it.
        Can you tell me how long it is? That maybe a little to much weight for him.

Comment

Like Deb said a Samik Sage would be his best bet for the money.

Comment

Thought i would check here first. We dont have a bow shop here that has anything to do with Trad stuff.

Comment

You are on the right track. Also, there are a few other cheaper models that he can buy from amazon. But they don't shoot as sweet as the sage.

Regime is the name of these bows.

Comment

Cant get much better than a Sage for beginner. Keep an eye out on craigslist and ebay. Sometimes you can find a vintage bow in light weight

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy o View Post
                  Can you tell me how long it is? That maybe a little to much weight for him.
                  Forgot to check last night, I will check tonight and let you know.

Comment

What bow would be a step up from the Sage ?

Comment

Originally posted by chester12 View Post
                      Forgot to check last night, I will check tonight and let you know.
                      No problem he is not in a hurry. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BOB7 View Post
                        What bow would be a step up from the Sage ?
                        The Red Stag, then Dear Master, and the SHT. Range from $200-$230.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X