Good broadheads for a recurve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good broadheads for a recurve?

What's a good type of broadhead to use for a recurve pulling 50# or thereabouts.

Todd

Four things to look for in a broadhead:

(1) Whether 2 or 3 blade, make sure to get them that are cut on contact.
    (2) Structural integrity. If it don't look stout made, it probably isn't.
    (3) One "you" can sharpen, and maintain sharpness.
    (4) One you can tune to shoot, and shoot as good with as you can your target arrows.

Outside of those four it don't matter much.

There are lots out there that are really good.

Vantage Point Archery, Grizzly, Centaur, German Kinetic, just to name a few.

Rick
    Last edited by RickBarbee; 04-21-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

What he said^^^^^

Bisch

Comment

What they said... And, Magnus Stingers Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Magnus Stinger Buzzcut from last weekend. The dreaded curl from my sons ram.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had good success with 2 blade double bevel zwickeys this past year... even before I figured out how to get them shaving sharp.

I miss alot and hunt in rocky terrain, so having a very durable broadhead that doesn't cost alot is a plus. I have yet to destroy any of my zwickeys and that is saying alot (skipped em off rocks with a visible spark and all!)

Comment

Simmons land sharks

Comment

I'm with ya SwampRabbit. Shot my Zwickey's into all kinds of accidental objects. Still just as good as the day I bought them.
                But like Rick said. There are some basic qualifications, but several that will fit.

Comment

I shoot a lot of Zwickey and Magnus 2 blade heads, in a three blade head I will use a Snuffer or similar.

Comment

Working...
                  X