Archery Exotic Government Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Exotic Government Canyon

Archery hunt is next week, anybody else here going to be there?

I wish. You lucky dog. Good luck!

Comment

I wanted to.....but didn't get drawn. I'm following....please keep us up do date with how things go!

Comment

I spoke with the administrator for the hunt and he said the axis are in very limited numbers, so it may be hogs or nothing on this hunt.
        He did tell me they have been running feeders near a pop up blind for over a month, but no cameras so they aren't sure what coming to them. He says the area has a lot of turkey who may be vacuuming up the corn.
        I will try to update with pics and details next week

Comment

A co-worker lives near there, he said that area is loaded with hogs. Good luck.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

lucky man,, best of luck

Comment

I did the concrete work on the dam out there but have never been back since we finished. Take a picture of it if you get the chance, please.

Comment

Where is this area? What town is close? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
                    Where is this area? What town is close? Thanks
                    Helotes

Comment

What are dates?

Comment

My shop is right down the road from there at the corner of shaenfield and 1560. I can say this, I've NEVER seen an axis in this area in the last 8 years we've been here. The area is ate up with hogs though. I hope you see some axis but I would plan on mostly hogs bud. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                          What are dates?
                          1/14-1/6

I'm expecting hogs and hoping for Axis. Administrator said the Axis are there, but he said they should have put in the hunt draw book "in very limited numbers"

Comment

Man that will be a blast, have fun and post some pics...

Comment

My uncles house backs up to it and they have a beautiful view all the way to down town SA over the canyon. They have had feeders and game cameras up for years....they have never seen a deer.... let alone a axis ...EVER....in 2 years....just allll hogs! They had the feeders up before they even started building....I really think that they misrepresented government canyon by implying there was exotics there

Comment

Working...
                              X