GoPro owners, learn from my mistake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoPro owners, learn from my mistake.

I have a camera bag that I use for the GoPro and all accessories. Last night I left the GoPro on the charger. This morning, I wanted to take it to work with me to test the new Wi-Fi BacPac. I was in a hurry, so I just threw everything into the bag without putting the GoPro into the clear housing.

When I got to work, I noticed the GoPro lens now has a couple of scratches on it. The way the GoPro is made, the lens sticks way out there and is especially vulnerable to scratches. I don't think the scratches are so severe that they'll show up on the video. Guess I'll find out later today. But from now on, my GoPro will always travel in the clear housing. Actually, I probably need to make a specific place in the camera bag to protect the front of the housing as well.

Anyway, just a heads up that the GoPro lens is easy to scratch.

good looking out

Comment

I invested in one of these for that very reason.

Comment

Hope they don't show up

Comment

Wow, I hope it's OK and thank you for the heads up.

Comment

That's good advice. I keep mine in the housing at all times other than to charge and change cards. All my GoPro and accessories I keep in a small Pelican box.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhawk 9000 View Post
              I invested in one of these for that very reason.

http://www.amazon.com/SKB-Waterproof...rds=gopro+case
              If I ever shell out as much for one of those cameras I would for sure get that case too!

Comment

they have replacement lenses

Comment

Working...
                X