DIY field pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY field pod

With youth weekend coming up and this being my 9 yr old daughters first year to really hunt, I was worried about her being able to hold her rifle steady. Every google search I did brought me to one of these.

I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money so this is what I came up with. The poor mans field pod

Top side.
    Bottom side.

That's a piece of aluminum flat bar that I cut to fit.

Total project cost $0. I already had everything I needed left over from other projects.

that should work just fine

Comment

That'll get it done.

Comment

That's nice. I bought my son one of the Caldwell ones yesterday from cabelas for $99 on sale. It sure is nice and very adjustable.

Comment

Good thinking!

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Nice.. my kinda thread!

Comment

A few weeks ago, Amazon had the caldwell for $79. Looks like they moved it back up to $99, but may be worth keeping an eye on it.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Good job, however I have the Caldwell Field Pod and I thought it would be great for hunting, however not so much especially if your target is moving any. I went back to shooting sticks.

Comment

Bought the stand from Caldwell last year, works good and is easy to get to the stand.

Comment

My daughter used it this morning. We didn't shoot anything but it fit in the popup easily and was easy to adjust and move.

Comment

Working...
                        X