NEED ADVICE ABOUT VASECTOMY's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had mine done 32 yrs ago. Dr. told me:

Day 1: Go home and ice things down and stay on couch.

Day 2: Take short walks.

Day 3: Permission to have sex.

What actually happened.

Friday Day 1: During the 45 min operation twice I saw the dr. turn away and I raised up to see the syringe still sticking in my scrotum. It was jumping with the beat of my heart. Made me queazy.

Had a taxi drive me home. My wife helped me into the house as I could not raise my foot to get over the 6" high door stoop.

Sat straight up in bed for 3 hrs with an ice pack against the boys. Got out of bed to go pee. Lowered the jock and imediately grabbed the air between my knees. My wife asked what I was doing. I told her it felt like my balls had fell out aand I was trying to catch them before they hit the floor. Taking pain pills and icing down. Stayed in bed.

Sat Day two: The boys hurt. Took a walk out in the back yard. Had to grab fence as I was passing out. Came to and went in the house. Told wife I had walked enough. More ice and pain pills.

Sun Day three: Boys are the size of lemons. Out of meds. Ice is not working. Call Dr. answering service about 136 times but no return calls. Hurting bad.

Mon Day four: Walk into Dr office like 100 yr old man. Everyone in waiting room laughs. The doctor says you are the 1 in 10 that get an infection even though you did everything right. I said Lucky me. More pain meds and ice. Missed 5 days of work. My boys would be sore for the next 15 yrs after some heavy lifting.

My wife gets mad when I tell the story because she believes all of us men need to be neutered.

My son had his done about 4 months ago. It was a cake walk.
    Last edited by M.E.B.; 06-11-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

at least you didnt walk into the drs office and see his sign thats reads DR RICHARD CHOPP.........

Comment

I had no difficulties with pain or swelling... but do remember to go back with the sample for a recheck.

They will tell you in the fine print that like 20% of guys are not totally sterile after the recommended 1st wait and number of uses......

Boy #3 is basically spare parts.

Comment

"Had a taxi drive me home. My wife helped me into the house as I could not raise my foot to get over the 6" high door stoop."

Man, that is a full service taxidermist.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
            Day 3: Permission to have sex.
            wow...I was told to wait a much longer as your swimmers can still be around for several days afterwards??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              wow...I was told to wait a much longer as your swimmers can still be around for several days afterwards??
              Use some other form of protection...which you're supposed to do for a few months afterward anyway

Comment

Did it..wish i didnt

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                  This TBH'er did a live vasectomy thread and was never heard from again.....

This is the last known photo of him.
                  [ATTACH]627146[/ATTACH]
                  The look on his face says it all.
                  Hilarious

Comment

Had it done 12 years ago, no problems. had it reversed 7 years ago NO problem. It is all about the after care. The reversal was a bit brutal for the first 12 hours, like said above peas and corn!!

Azle

Comment

Hey man. the hype was more painful than the procedure itself. No big deal for me. Took one for the team and felt good about it

Comment

No biggie, just get you an extra small jock strap and keep them puppies pulled high and tight for a few days.
                        Hardest part is taking them a sample of your DNA.

Comment

I always said I would never have it done. I was having gall bladder problems, my doctor sent me to a surgeon. We discussed having the gall bladder removed on Friday, as I was walking out the door, I asked the doctor, have you ever done a vasectomy, he said he had done a few. I told him well while I am knocked out go ahead and take care of that part too. My wife at the time was shocked when I got home and told her. Three kids was enough for me. Got to the hospital on Friday morning early for the surgery, the nurses kept saying that is a weird combination of surgeries. I told them I would only have the V done if I was knocked out. I woke up in recovery with ice packs and a jock strap. Stayed the night in the hospital, Had good pain pills and then stayed in bed the next day or two because of the pain from the gall bladder surgery. I can't imagine just going into the doctors office and having it done.

Comment

I got neutered 8 years ago, best thing I ever did. Played golf 4 days after.

Comment

NEED ADVICE ABOUT VASECTOMY's

Did it 11 years ago. In the Dr. Office. $15.00 copay. He said "if you can handle it, we will do it here for 15.00, or if you're a *****, we can go over to the hospital, put you under and it'll cost ya 700-800. " The worst part was the nurse prepping me. Looked like a middle linebacker, and was about as rough.

Comment

any dr suggestions in the southern dfw area. Really needing to get this done soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X