Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife wants to go to Hawaii, we've never been...help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bocephus1992 View Post
    You won't regret going. If you end up in Maui do a day trip with Spearfish Maui, most fun I had there. Underwater hunting is a hell of a time and the reef fish are delicious
    I'll add that to the list of things to do!

Comment

Couple of suggestions.

Carry your own snorkel gear, and don't buy the cheapo set. Check waves before buying boogie board.
      Eat out for lunch for cheapest prices.
      Buy cokes, beer, food at a Times Supermarket, they seem as cheap as Walmart and have just as good of a selection.
      Read where local snorkeling trips go, most you can drive to.
      Hula Pie!
      Hard to beat Maui for a first time to Hawaii.
      If you like golf there are some great looking courses, I'm not.
      Road to Hana on Maui, Seven ponds....water hole or something like that, and bamboo forest.
      Some house and condo rentals have beach supplies, cooler, etc.

Comment

Pomaika`i

Comment

Well the sheraton kauai it is. Heading out July 13-18. We are really big into dinning new spots on our vacations. Can you suggest some great upscale places and some local hang outs to eat at? Really looking for great food and shows. Not cheap but not as bad as I thought. Any suggestions on what to do? We like out doors and sight seeing but not into extreme activities like zip lines, scubba etc. Really just like to hang out, eat good food, sight see. Would definitely like a suggestion on a romantic type trip or very special dinner. This trip will be all about the wife....except one early morning round of golf. Also any good night life suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Been there once and don't care to ever go back. I would much rather go to Mexico 5 times for what it cost to go to Hawaii once. People are rude and it is way over priced.

Comment

Great choice on Kauai. We went in December and it was awesome. This video should get you excited.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBLccEDmn40"]Kauai - The Lost World - Canon 5D Mark II - Glidecam HD 4000 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                Well the sheraton kauai it is. Heading out July 13-18. We are really big into dinning new spots on our vacations. Can you suggest some great upscale places and some local hang outs to eat at? Really looking for great food and shows. Not cheap but not as bad as I thought. Any suggestions on what to do? We like out doors and sight seeing but not into extreme activities like zip lines, scubba etc. Really just like to hang out, eat good food, sight see. Would definitely like a suggestion on a romantic type trip or very special dinner. This trip will be all about the wife....except one early morning round of golf. Also any good night life suggestions would be appreciated.
                You will have a blast. I don't have anything on Kauai, but we are likely going there for the first time this August/September. We have done Maui 7 times, and the last time there where very few 1st time things, so time for a new island, KAUAI! Get a rental car. TripAdvisor is a good place to do some research on food places, or ask Elkbowhunter, he lived there a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Heli tour is pretty sweet if I think of the name of the place we ate at I will let you know. If I recall correctly there is a really good place to eat right next door to the resort. Rent a car and drive also do some kayak tours we did one where we went up a river and a small hike thru the jungle and we ate lunch and dinner at a pretty cool water fall it was neat. Just do your internet research it will pay off.

Comment

Golf on that island is off the charts sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                      I'd stay off Oahu with the exception of seeing Pearl Harbor. Other than that, waaaay to touristy. Other islands much quieter and nicer.

Dave
                      Agreed...oahu is way too touristy. I have had family living on three different islands since the 80's. Kauai would be my choice if you were looking for the most quiet serene place...most beautiful isle over there imo. My wife n i went to the big isle to see my cousin in kona last May. It's probably the most diverse isle in the bunch. It's really large and is like 4 islands in one. You have the topical section with waterfalls etc..., black and green sand beaches, volcanoes part on southern end, good snorkeling etc. If I were just gonna go to one island and wasn't sure if I would ever get to go back then I would go to the big isle. We rented a jeep and explored a lot of the island and had a ball. Lots of axis n gobblers too! Saw tons of turkeys on saddle road.

Comment

You'll have a great time. Enjoy paradise.
                        A L O H A

Comment

Glad u guys decided to take the plunge.........but we wont be getting over there until the 20th!!!! Am I so crazy that I am booking a AXIS hunt while there? Forget that romance stuff it is time to thwack stuff when going to new places!!!! LOL!!

Comment

I would love to send the wife to the spa for two days and spend those days hunting, fishing and golfing. For some reason she wants to spend the whole time together, can you believe that??

Comment

Just landed at our layover in Phoenix. Heading to Kauai.

Comment

Do they still have ABC stores, over there ??

Comment

Working...
                                X