Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE: Game Winner 200lb. Deer Feeders - anyone using one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Game Winner 200lb. Deer Feeders - anyone using one?

Good afternoon:

I need to buy 2 deer feeders for our lease, and found this on sale at Academys:

I realize it's fairly close to the ground (6 ft. legs - I think), and I realize this means we'll have to fence it in with hog panels or barbed wire to keep the hogs from tipping it over. I am just wondering if anyone out there has used one of these feeders and has any feedback on them. This will be our first deer feeders, and I will buy a solar panel to keep the battery charged on it.

Thank you.

Dave

I just picked up the American Hunter for the same price last night. built in solar panel and 350lb capacity. We have one at our place already and really like it for the price. It a bit of a booger to put it together but worth it in my opinion. I would check it out

Comment

I know someone who has one and my opinion is it’s way to loud, way noisier than other feeders

Comment

TTT - anyone else out there know about these feeders?

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
          Good afternoon:

I need to buy 2 deer feeders for our lease, and found this on sale at Academys:

I realize it's fairly close to the ground (6 ft. legs - I think), and I realize this means we'll have to fence it in with hog panels or barbed wire to keep the hogs from tipping it over. I am just wondering if anyone out there has used one of these feeders and has any feedback on them. This will be our first deer feeders, and I will buy a solar panel to keep the battery charged on it.

Thank you.

Dave
          I purchased one of these yesterday just for the price to put here at my house to see how it performs. I wonder if you could put t post in the ground to stake it down.

Comment

Best feeder for the money. I put one up this past season, no complaints at all and well built.

Comment

I will likely buy another one today.

Comment

I bought one of these for behind the house 3 years ago and I have no complaints. It has worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                  I purchased one of these yesterday just for the price to put here at my house to see how it performs. I wonder if you could put t post in the ground to stake it down.
                  I think there are holes drilled in the foot pads of the feeder. My plan is to drive a piece of rebar (probably 3.0 ft. long) through each of these holes at an angle to anchor them, and then run T-posts around the perimeter of the feeder and string some barbed wire to keep the hogs off of it.

By the way, thank you to all who have responded so far. We need to buy two of them, and this is our first time with deer feeders.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                    I know someone who has one and my opinion is it’s way to loud, way noisier than other feeders

Never heard a feeding being to loud as a negative. Hell we have people that add sheet metal to the blind side of their varmint guard to keep it off the blind and make more noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Never heard a feeding being to loud as a negative. Hell we have people that add sheet metal to the blind side of their varmint guard to keep it off the blind and make more noise.
                      Lol.....gotta love this place!

Comment

Working...
                      X