TBGA in Lufkin Region 5, 6 & 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBGA in Lufkin Region 5, 6 & 7

Anyone else going? It's Saturday and starts at 3, I'll be there with my deer from this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    Anyone else going? It's Saturday and starts at 3, I'll be there with my deer from this year.

I killed 2 last year that would qualify and didn't get a single one registered lol. I'd go just to shoot the breeze with you but I've got a tournament this weekend.

Comment

10-4. This will be my first one to go to. I've heard they are pretty cool, looking forward to it

Comment

I won't be there but have gone in the past. You'll have fun.

Comment

Post a pic of your deer. I have one from region 7 but it's 250 miles one way to go to Lufkin so I am skipping it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a good time. I haven't been since the late 90's but remember it being really cool.

Comment

It used to be great until they let all the breeder deer in.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                It used to be great until they let all the breeder deer in.
                Really? That's unfortunate. I was under the impression it was all low fence deer. My lease manager wanted me to enter mine from 2 years ago. 155" eleven point, but his net score would have been high 140's, maybe right at 150, so I didn't enter it

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  Really? That's unfortunate. I was under the impression it was all low fence deer.
                  No. It's always included high fenced deer. I think they finally changed it a couple of years ago with separate divisions for high and low fence.

It's basically going the way of all the deer contests. Native deer can't compete with breeder deer. Allowing so called "pasture born" deer has ruined it for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    No. It's always included high fenced deer. I think they finally changed it a couple of years ago with separate divisions for high and low fence.

It's basically going the way of all the deer contests. Native deer can't compete with breeder deer. Allowing so called "pasture born" deer has ruined it for everybody.
                    This year in region 5,6,7 there were 284 deer entered and of those deer only 14 came from a high fenced property which may or may not be "breeder deer". The largest of these only scoring 168. They separate out all high fenced deer but for these regions native low fence deer rule!

They also don't allow breeder deer to be entered
                    Last edited by MTaylor; 06-19-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I will be there and it should be a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by MTaylor View Post
                        This year in region 5,6,7 there were 284 deer entered and of those deer only 14 came from a high fenced property which may or may not be "breeder deer". The largest of these only scoring 168. They separate out all high fenced deer but for these regions native low fence deer rule!

They also don't allow breeder deer to be entered
                        Well, now I kinda wished I would have entered mine. I didn't think a high 140's net would have been anything special. Maybe I was wrong

Comment

I just checked TBGA website. For 2014, I would have had a good chance of finishing 1st, at least top 3 net. Dang it

Comment

I'll have the big 7 point with trash if anyone sees me. Come say hi. I don't have him mounted yet, just the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                              Well, now I kinda wished I would have entered mine. I didn't think a high 140's net would have been anything special. Maybe I was wrong

It's more so just an award and certificate vs a contest I would say. I can't wait to see all the quality east Texas deer there. This is my first one to receive. My dad has two but we never made a banquet so I'm excited. Like I need anymore reason to get amped up for 2017-18 year lol

Comment

Working...
                              X