X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody get theirs back?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      Here's a cat he did for me. Not bad for a summer cat.
      [IMG][/IMG]
      How long ago did he do that one? I'm not going to be very happy if mine looks like that

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Anybody get theirs back?

Still nothing for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 years is quite a long time. Sounds like he his good but more of a hobby thing. If you cant turn around an animal within 12-14 months then you should learn either to limit yourself or find a new hobby. I would be furious if he never called or texted back, that customer satisfaction 101. Chief you should try B & B taxidermy, I received my full pedestal mount on stand whitetail back in around 6 months.

Comment

I'm waiting on a freaking bobcat rug mount from a taxi guy out of sugar land area not exactly sure off city or town since I dropped it off December of 2015 [emoji15] hardly no word from him
            And he has 1/2 the money and gave him 2 buck capes as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
              If you find a taxidermist that can finish a job within 6 month and does quality work, let me know. Sounds like a unicorn.
              Frank Mcarty Lufkin Texas. Pay up front 6-8 months and has been around forever! ��
              Last edited by Huggybear; 05-20-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                Well all I know is that Clay Wagner has been known to have other taxidermists mount his work for him. He did this with a coyote of mine, a snake of a guy I know, and a bobcat of a friend. Hope that you're cool with that because it's a real possibility.
                Was that coyote a competition piece that was done at a commercial price?

Comment

Sounds like you need to go get your animal.

Comment

2-3 years on a taxidermy mount is absurd.

Comment

I would be driving to his shop!

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                        Well all I know is that Clay Wagner has been known to have other taxidermists mount his work for him. He did this with a coyote of mine, a snake of a guy I know, and a bobcat of a friend. Hope that you're cool with that because it's a real possibility.
                        It's very common for taxidermists to sub-out work. No different than the shops that have several taxidermists working in them. I don't personally know Clay so I can't speak for his practices.

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                        "Absurd" is a strong term. But it is a long time. I'm still cranking out a few from the 2015-2016 season (1.5 years give or take) but I believe I have spoken to everyone about why (built a house and shop). Tried to explain to most before they dropped off their animals that it might take longer than usual but I'm sure I missed a few.

Carry on...

Comment

2-3 years IS absurd but we'll carry on for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Was that coyote a competition piece that was done at a commercial price?
                            Not 100% sure..... ask the forum member that told you that.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                              x2!

For a full time taxi that is rediculous

Comment

2 years is the average for taxidermists here in Alaska. Believe it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X