Bergara rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara rifles

Guys I think I am starting my search for a new production rifle, vs a semi custom. Does anyone have any experience with Bergara Rifles. You know fit, finish, and above all accuracy. I will also be looking at the Tikka T3x, Wetherby and Browning. Looking for input on Bergara but any input on all the mentioned above is perfectly fine.

If it matters I am trying for a nicely figured wood stock. I have my synthetics, but I love me some figured walnut, especially with a matte oil finish. The caliber I haven’t decided on just yet, but it will be a medium to larger game rifle, and it will be in addition to my 260 I currently use.

Check out the CZ 557 Very nice blueing, nice Turkish walnut, and a very adjustable trigger

Comment

TXAG I forgot to include that brand as well. I’m really fond of classic rifle styling and deep dark blueing. I have tried to hunt and shoot AR rifles, but I just can’t get into them. I will be selling an AR to help purchase a new rifle. I guess I am of the “wood is good” mentality.

Comment

If your wanting a sexy looking rifle that will shoot I wouldnt over look the super grade win model 70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump. I want to hear more about Bergaras also

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            If your wanting a sexy looking rifle that will shoot I wouldnt over look the super grade win model 70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the looks of this

The Winchester Model 70 has been relied on for accuracy and performance by hunters all of over the world for over 75 years. With today's technology we'll still be talking

Comment

Can't say about the wood but the quality of the rest is awsome. If they had all the options and calibers I wanted then I would only own bergara. Buddy is a lefty and all his stuff custom actions he says when they make left handed he is done wasting his money.

Comment

i just bought a Bergara B 14 Timber in .243, feels and looks great and the trigger is awesome, didn't get a chance to shoot it before returning to work.

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
                  TXAG I forgot to include that brand as well. I’m really fond of classic rifle styling and deep dark blueing. I have tried to hunt and shoot AR rifles, but I just can’t get into them. I will be selling an AR to help purchase a new rifle. I guess I am of the “wood is good” mentality.
                  You and me both. Life is way too short to hunt with ugly guns.

Comment

Look at Cooper also

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have heard nothing but good things about Bergara. I have a tikka in a 223 its the smoothest bolt gun I own and its definitely one of the most accurate. Wetherby makes some pretty good quality rifles with some really nice wood stocks. Unless you are wanting the best of the best accuracy out at some pretty long distances the production rifles of today are pretty good rifles. I have several from $299-$1,100 all submoa rifles out to 500 yards. Some I haven't taken out past 500 yds and others are sub-moa out to 1200yds so far.

Comment

Yes the above comments about today’s production rifles is what has me looking back at them. As of now Tikka is getting a hard look along with Bergara.

Comment

My vote goes to Tikka

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
                            Yes the above comments about today’s production rifles is what has me looking back at them. As of now Tikka is getting a hard look along with Bergara.
                            In my Tikka 223 I am shooting Hornady steel match 75 gr BTHPs. $20/box of 50 and it’s shot sub moa out to about 400 yds. I hadn’t taken out further on paper yet. On the flip side of that I have had luck with lower end rifles as well. I took a Remington 783 chambered in a 308 glass bedded it and it’s been sub-moa on paper out to 500 yards I hadn’t tried further on paper. I chronoed my ammo federal 175 smk and trued the velocity on StrelokPro app then back out to 1000yds. At 1000yds my very first shot group were all on a 16” gong. Modern day production rifles aren’t to shabby.

Comment

Blast from the Past...

Did you ever make a decision? What did you end up with?

Comment

Working...
                              X