No announcement yet.

6.7 Cummins Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much wrong with a 6.7 Cummins; especially one that has been deleted.

Be mindful of the price, however. 2009 was nine years ago. In five years, the truck will be fourteen years old. Price-wise, you can’t compare it to newer trucks with similar mileage. Be careful not to over-pay.

Take it for a nice, long test drive at various speeds and have it checked out by a mechanic if possible.
    Last edited by 30-30; 05-07-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Have a 2013 2500 with a 6.7 that I got from a fellow TBHr a little over a year ago. Have put about 35000 on it and so far no problems. Oil and 2 fuel filters and they charge plenty to change them out, so you can save some money if you're a DIY person. Did some heavy pulling following Harvey that my 5.3 GMC never would have moved. Good luck!

Comment

My concern would be how hard he drove it, what power levels he drove it at.

Chrysler transmissions can’t handle loads of abuse with lots of added hp. That’s what tuners say atleast.
        Last edited by 12RingKing; 05-07-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Water pumps and ball joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Water pumps and ball joints.
            If that’s the worst thing that happens to mine, it would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
              If that’s the worst thing that happens to mine, it would be great!
              There's other stuff, but it was covered under warranty. Steering gearbox, rear axle seal, driveshaft slip yolk, power seat motor, fuel preheated something.......I'll stop

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                There's other stuff, but it was covered under warranty. Steering gearbox, rear axle seal, driveshaft slip yolk, power seat motor, fuel preheated something.......I'll stop

What year truck is this?

Comment

Really won’t matter the year. Going back to my Cummins experiences, one was an 06 with the 5.9: at 90 k needed injectors, trans, speedo stopped working and front end rebuilt. Sold it and tried the 14 model. Oil pan leaked at 9k, rear axle seal at 20k and then the epa stuff started acting up. Sold it for a tundra, 155k with battery and idler pulley tensioner, been a solid truck.

My brother has a 08 Cummins: 180k but took front end rebuild and turbo is needing cleaning for second time, possible new turbo. Electric motors are going out and radio stopped working. He deleted it but always has something wrong with it.

Gave mopar another shot with Jeep Cherokee trail hawk, biggest mistake ever! Top end rebuild at 38k and constantly in the shop. So needless to say, I’ll never buy another mopar product. We bought a 4Runner for my wife.

QUOTE=BowSlayer;13360161]What year truck is this?[/QUOTE]

Comment

I've got a '17 with 30K on it. Been a real nice truck so far with no problems. I wouldn't shy away from one.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                      LOL. Truth.

Also some BS WADERS needed time to time. Didn't know if OP knew that.
                      Fixed it for you lol

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        What year truck is this?
                        2010....most all that happened from 80k -125k

No emission problems once I deleted it.

Thats said....if you like that truck and it's truly a good deal....jump on it

Check for blow-by and crawl up under it and look for leaks.....if it been sitting, they should be easy to spot.
                        Last edited by Traildust; 05-07-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I finally made a deal to buy this truck. The seller is supposed to get it cleaned up and inspected/registered before I pick it up. Hope to have it this week as I’ve already sold my other truck. I appreciate the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            I finally made a deal to buy this truck. The seller is supposed to get it cleaned up and inspected/registered before I pick it up. Hope to have it this week as I’ve already sold my other truck. I appreciate the replies.
                            pics. and congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                              pics. and congrats

Will do when I get it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                                Really won’t matter the year. Going back to my Cummins experiences, one was an 06 with the 5.9: at 90 k needed injectors, trans, speedo stopped working and front end rebuilt. Sold it and tried the 14 model. Oil pan leaked at 9k, rear axle seal at 20k and then the epa stuff started acting up. Sold it for a tundra, 155k with battery and idler pulley tensioner, been a solid truck.

My brother has a 08 Cummins: 180k but took front end rebuild and turbo is needing cleaning for second time, possible new turbo. Electric motors are going out and radio stopped working. He deleted it but always has something wrong with it.

Gave mopar another shot with Jeep Cherokee trail hawk, biggest mistake ever! Top end rebuild at 38k and constantly in the shop. So needless to say, I’ll never buy another mopar product. We bought a 4Runner for my wife.

QUOTE=BowSlayer;13360161]What year truck is this?
                                [/QUOTE]

Wife’s Toyota Highlander had the entire powertrain pulled out at 20k to fix a leaking timing cover gasket. Now the tensioner is squealing like a stuck pig at 40k

Toyota ain’t always what it’s cracked up to be

Comment

Working...
                                X