Carpet Removal / Hardwood or Laminate Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet Removal / Hardwood or Laminate Recommendations

We are looking to replace all of the carpet in the house with something not carpet. We are open to ideas and want something that is easy to maintain, install and fairly easy on the bank account. We have some linoleum in the kitchen bathroom and entry ways. Plus we will install ourselves. Is there an option to stain the old concrete under the carpet and linoleum? What is the green screens recommendations.

Floating LVT is very simple to do. Just roll out underlayment if it doesnt have pad attached and click it together. You do need to make sure your floor is level (need to with any floor) or it will unlock and break or you will hear what sounds like rice krispys when you walk across it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
      Floating LVT is very simple to do. Just roll out underlayment if it doesnt have pad attached and click it together. You do need to make sure your floor is level (need to with any floor) or it will unlock and break or you will hear what sounds like rice krispys when you walk across it.
      The floor being level is the main thing and can be a lot of work. I just finished installing vinyl flooring, similar to laminate but more durable. Had to use the leveling compound in all three rooms. Not a difficult task, but I suggest not doing it by yourself. It starts to set rather quickly.

When you pull up the carpet or linoleum you will probably find cracks and high and low spots. That could make a difference if you wanted to stain the concrete and seal it.
      Last edited by wsteffen; 04-29-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
        The floor being level is the main thing and can be a lot of work. I just finished installing vinyl flooring, similar to laminate but more durable. Had to use the leveling compound in all three rooms. Not a difficult task, but I suggest not doing it by yourself. It starts to set rather quickly.

When you pull up the carpet or linoleum you will probably find cracks and high and low spots. That could make a difference if you wanted to stain the concrete and seal it.
        Is there a flooring that can be installed that does not require the floor to be leveled. No saying that mine is not but we are living in the house and need this to be fairly easy to do.

Comment

Life proof vinyl planks from Home Depot. Underlayment is already attached to the back and the stuff goes down very easy. Just used it in a barndo we built for my father-in-law.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Warren View Post
            Is there a flooring that can be installed that does not require the floor to be leveled. No saying that mine is not but we are living in the house and need this to be fairly easy to do.
            You can do any of it if the floor is not to terribly unlevel. Best thing to do is get someone to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
              Life proof vinyl planks from Home Depot. Underlayment is already attached to the back and the stuff goes down very easy. Just used it in a barndo we built for my father-in-law.
              A lot of the LVT these days have the pad attached. The market has just gone that way. Did you install yourself or have it installed? I work for a flooring distributor so just wondering what their install warranty is like. We do not sell to home depot just the retail stores.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                A lot of the LVT these days have the pad attached. The market has just gone that way. Did you install yourself or have it installed? I work for a flooring distributor so just wondering what their install warranty is like. We do not sell to home depot just the retail stores.
                We did that part ourselves because it was only 700 sq ft and pretty straight forward design.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                  We did that part ourselves because it was only 700 sq ft and pretty straight forward design.

Comment

Vinyl plank flooring, if you buy the good kind it will last forever, waterproof , won’t scratch, i

Comment

Working...
                    X