Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who has built a road feeder out of 30 gallon barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who has built a road feeder out of 30 gallon barrel?

100lb road feeders are nice, but when you are slinging a lot of corn you have to stop way too much and fill it.

Would it be too much work to build one out of 30 gallon barrel?

Can a 30 gallon even hold 100lbs?

If moultrie's little feeder (camo hanging one) is 30 gallons, it definitely doesn't hold 100lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      Can a 30 gallon even hold 100lbs?

If moultrie's little feeder (camo hanging one) is 30 gallons, it definitely doesn't hold 100lbs.
      I had a small 30gal Moultrie feeder and could get just under 4 bags of corn (200lbs) in it. Can get almost 6 bags (300lbs) in a 55gal drum.

Comment

Look at this thread. I've built them w/ this design out of 15-20 gal. barrels as well as 30-35 gal. barrels. I even built a couple on a smaller scale for 5 gal. buckets. One of the negatives w/ the 30-35 gal. barrels is the weight if you have to remove it w/ it close to full. But, if you're leaving it on the vehicle or not taking it off 'til it's empty then that wouldn't be much of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
          I had a small 30gal Moultrie feeder and could get just under 4 bags of corn (200lbs) in it. Can get almost 6 bags (300lbs) in a 55gal drum.
          Good deal, I must have my sizes mixed up on a certain feeder I am thinking of..

Yep, just looked it up... The size I was thinking of is 6.5 gallons... Holds around 40lbs I think. I am an idiot

Comment

Do any of y'all know where I could get some 20-30gal barrels?

Comment

I have one made from a 30 gal barrel. If someone would offer me a decent trade it would be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                100lb road feeders are nice, but when you are slinging a lot of corn you have to stop way too much and fill it.

Would it be too much work to build one out of 30 gallon barrel?
                Hey... what's another trip to the back of the truck when you have to open another gate anyways

Oh wait... you didn't have to open that many gates did you? Tuned in as well since I got a buddy who can weld and I really liked how Ed's was welded together.
                Last edited by SwampRabbit; 03-19-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X