Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good movement last night and this morning so far

Comment

Saw more deer moving Friday morning than I have in years but not much since.

Comment

Saw a lot of movement Friday morning but Saturday and Sunday not so much. However the bigger mature bucks that had only been showing up on game cameras at night were out and on game camera in the day during shooting hours. To freaking bad I couldn't ever manage to be sitting in one of the stands they came into!

Comment

Going out to motley county this weekend. Hopefully they are moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting just north of matador today. 3 doe came in at 3:00 when I tested the feeder. Seen a few deer off in the distance. Next two weeks should be really good with movement and weather

Comment

I'm headed to Hall on Friday. I saw a few mature whitetail chasing does on opening weekend of rifle. But I haven't seen many mule deer. Hardly none. Usually about this time I'm seeing 6-8 md doe every sit.

Comment

Anyone see much lately? I was out the 15th - 20th. All the bigger more mature bucks I would consider shooting were scarce on gam cameras and only one was on camera within the previous week. I didn't see much. Tried rattling and had 2 yearling mulie bucks come in and a whitetail doe but that's it.

Comment

rattled on friday and got nada. It was really hot and not much going on.

All the bucks that came to the feeders Fri-Sunday monring were young and none of their hocks were black. All my more mature deer on camera have disappeared for now

Comment

I was out this weekend and holy crap. They must have been rutting hard the past 3 weeks. Every buck I had on game camera had busted up antlers and most of the ones I saw were limping. There were on feed and water though so I bet feeders and water sources will be good things to hunt over. I finally got an 8pt ghost that I have been getting on game camera for 3 years now.

Comment

I'm going back this weekend. Bucks have been hitting the feeders pretty hard. Anybody seen any mature mule deer bucks this year worth taking. Mule deer movement has been slow on our place

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                        I'm going back this weekend. Bucks have been hitting the feeders pretty hard. Anybody seen any mature mule deer bucks this year worth taking. Mule deer movement has been slow on our place
                        I hadn't seen any. I am sure since season is over now that I will see some.
                        Have anybody seen and read the proposed experimental antler restrictions on mule deer TPWD has out for this area?

Comment

Figured I would attempt to get this thread revived a little for this season. I hope everyone is aware of the antler restrictions on mule deer that starts this year. All mule deer bucks have to have a minimum 20 inch OUTSIDE spread this year. Other than that based on my gam cam pics deer had been all over waterings but that all I could tell. Seemed like a few smaller bucks that hang around from last year to this year saw some decent increase in score.

Comment

in

Comment

Most post I have seen have been here.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                                Most post I have seen have been here.
                                https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...=700609&page=2
                                Nice. I had forgotten someone had started that thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X