Help w/ Age & Would Ya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help w/ Age & Would Ya?

Any guesses on age of this deer? I know they are not the best pics but all I have of him, no previous history. This is on 700 acres low fence in hill country. It is company owned land and no risk losing lease, we are trying to improve herd so will most likely get a pass this season. We are thinking four, but always hard to tell this time of year & I am admittedly not the greatest at aging on the hoof
    Attached Files
    Last edited by woodsbound; 11-30-2017, 03:12 PM.

No doubt I would shoot him!

Short legs, excellent hide coloring! He could be 4.5 but then again 7.5+. Either way he is mature enough and a trophy in my eyes! Good luck!

Back belly line has never thinking more along the 4.5 age.

Comment

At least 4.5... I'd wack him on our place if he showed

Comment

I would call him a 5 yr old. If the rut started 2-3 weeks ago he is rutted down a bit by now..

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
          I would call him a 5 yr old. If the rut started 2-3 weeks ago he is rutted down a bit by now..
          My thoughts as well.

Comment

Choot em.

Comment

Comment

I personally would love to shoot him, he would be the largest racked deer i have ever taken. Its gonna kill me to let him walk if the opportunity arises, but bossman/owner says he needs another year so can't pull the trigger this season. He is most likely right, there have been much larger taken off the property, just praying he makes it past our neighbors another month and doesn't wander too far. Thank y'all for the feedback, so far we are between 4-5.5

Comment

I wouldn't shoot

Comment

5.5 Good looking buck no doubt!

Comment

5.5..for sure!

Comment

I would give him 5.5 and 135ish ballpark

Comment

Im trying to upload pics of the larger deer taken off this property to see if given another year or two he could reach their potential in y'alls opinion. When I try to upload it says pics too large, and cant figure out how to resize them. Could someone post them for me if I text them to you?

Comment

Okay nevermind I think I figured it out. Do you think this deer has potential to reach something like these given another year or two? These deer have come off of the same property
                            Attached Files

Comment

He is mature, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X