Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shifflett View Post
    my vote is for bluewave purebay says they can get into 12" of water
    If you like fishing back lakes and shallow flats, you need to know if the boat can "get up" in 12 inches of water.

Comment

Well I just sold my 22' Tunnel Vee

25'9" Mowdy Cat should hit the mold this week ( suspence is killin me )
      Prob. going to be the last boat I buy.
      I should be able to run the same water in the bays but be able to handle some offshore runs as well

Comment

Originally posted by Shifflett View Post
        my vote is for bluewave purebay says they can get into 12" of water
        You may be able to run in 12 but if you shut down your gona be in for some fun

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
          Price??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot me a pm

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post

04 22ft Predator
            Mine has set for year and a half time for some upgrades! New center console, new lift and new Evinrude E Tech 150 HO going on next week

Comment

All these boats are making me jealous... one day I'll get one

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
                Mine has set for year and a half time for some upgrades! New center console, new lift and new Evinrude E Tech 150 HO going on next week
                Where did you get a center console? I'm wanting to upgrade mine this winter.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

bringing this back up just....because!

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                    bringing this back up just....because!
                    Since this has become a post your boat thread! :P

Sorry I don't have any recent pics, they went to the bottom of West Matagorda bay with my phone. Pulled these from the old library.

I don't have this one anymore, but it's got to be my favorite of all time, it's also the smallest and cheapest I've ever owned. Good for everything, push off a sandbar when you ran too skinny chasing reds, duck hunt, bow hunt, everything.

Current boat, does everything pretty well. I did rip that garbage Suzuki off and replace it with an Etec 135 HO, runs like a dream now.

Comment

There's always this baby ....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                        I think they may have never been in a better boat, I've seen majek's out in the flats and they perform well but nothing compared to a Dargel. This is why I've never mentioned them, seen to many people struggling to get on plane in the flats when the Dargel had no problem.

outside of an airboat or mudboat, there's nothing shallower than a redfish line. Here's the best put up or shut up video ever made for an outboard powered tunnel boat. chuck, "railbird" did this a few years ago.

Majek 21' Redfish Line skinny run in silted in man made channel in the marsh, no sea grass whatsoever. Shot in oilfield channels on far west end of nueces bay.

that said, you need to decide if you want to be able to run in 3" of water, or will be OK running in 14" of water. it's like a shot gun or rifle, there isn't a boat that's going to be the best at everything.

if you want a boat that goes shallow, the flat bottoms or cat hulls do a good job. If you want a boat that's smooth in rough water, you go with a v bottom. it's a give and take. boats like majek redfish absolutely suck in a big chop, so do a lot of the cat hulls. but if I tried to follow a majek RFL into a backlake, my boat would be a permanent edition to the bay. the cats are about as good as it gets for a compromise, but in big water, they still suck.

with some of the cat hulls, the guy driving the boat may not get wet, but put some passengers in a rear seat, and on a windy day, they'll get drenched. Of course, if you're sitting on top of a raised console 4 feet above the deck you're going to stay dry. LOL
                        Last edited by kyle1974; 10-14-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Since this has become a post your boat thread! :P

Sorry I don't have any recent pics, they went to the bottom of West Matagorda bay with my phone. Pulled these from the old library.

I don't have this one anymore, but it's got to be my favorite of all time, it's also the smallest and cheapest I've ever owned. Good for everything, push off a sandbar when you ran too skinny chasing reds, duck hunt, bow hunt, everything.

Current boat, does everything pretty well. I did rip that garbage Suzuki off and replace it with an Etec 135 HO, runs like a dream now.

Do you remember the model of that Alumacraft? That's what I've been looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                            outside of an airboat or mudboat, there's nothing shallower than a redfish line. Here's the best put up or shut up video ever made for an outboard powered tunnel boat. chuck, "railbird" did this a few years ago.

Majek 21' Redfish Line skinny run in silted in man made channel in the marsh, no sea grass whatsoever. Shot in oilfield channels on far west end of nueces bay.

that said, you need to decide if you want to be able to run in 3" of water, or will be OK running in 14" of water. it's like a shot gun or rifle, there isn't a boat that's going to be the best at everything.

if you want a boat that goes shallow, the flat bottoms or cat hulls do a good job. If you want a boat that's smooth in rough water, you go with a v bottom. it's a give and take. boats like majek redfish absolutely suck in a big chop, so do a lot of the cat hulls. but if I tried to follow a majek RFL into a backlake, my boat would be a permanent edition to the bay. the cats are about as good as it gets for a compromise, but in big water, they still suck.

with some of the cat hulls, the guy driving the boat may not get wet, but put some passengers in a rear seat, and on a windy day, they'll get drenched. Of course, if you're sitting on top of a raised console 4 feet above the deck you're going to stay dry. LOL

At the time I posted this I based my answer off what I’ve seen on the water in person. Since then we have upgraded boats, tested all kinds of makes and models and ended up in get this, a 22 and a half foot majek m2. She’s a beast on the water. We’ve put about 60 hours on the 200 hp etec g2 just since we got it in July and we have had a blast in this boat. She gets super skinny and gets out no problem. I guess what I’ve seen on the flats was all user error. We’ve had her get up in a foot of water without hesitation. She’s also an extremely dry boat, haven’t had a drop on me yet and we’ve been in some nasty chop. We also went 15 miles offshore to some rigs and she did well in the 2-3 foot seas. Definitely a better boat than our last and I’m glad we upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              If you like fishing back lakes and shallow flats, you need to know if the boat can "get up" in 12 inches of water.
                              Heard lots of tales but never seen one that could do it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                Heard lots of tales but never seen one that could do it yet.

Was on an 18' RFL that did it with 4 men aboard. Soft bottom but it popped right up.

Capt was a guide with Bayflats.

Comment

Working...
                                X