What caliber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hxc016 View Post
    All my friends have the 270 caliber and I am seriously considering it! I have also heard great things about the Weatherby Vanguard, any thoughts on that one?

My brother has the weatherby vanguard. Shoots really good. I can't speak on groupings bc I've never shot it. Heavier gun for sure and action isn't near as smooth as a tikka. He likes it a lot. Has less recoil due to weight. That tikka action is like a high end Sako or Kimber action. Go to a store, pick up both, and compare them. Tikka wins hands down for me. My fiancé can keyhole shots with my 270 at 100. Here's a 215 yard shot on a doe with it. Blew the bottom of the heart out. You can see the entrance. She said she hit exactly where she was aiming. Lol.

Gun is sighted in at 200 btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tikka T3 Lite 30-06 and have a muzzle brake put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        I agree with that opinion

I'd give that 700BDL .308 in the classifieds a real hard look. It's priced right

My dad has a 700 BDL from back in the day. Has probably only had 3 boxes through it. All from me growing up. Super accurate rifle with a wooden stock. Will stack bullets at 100 but has the tendency to throw a flyer at times so a 3 shot group is about an inch at its best. But 150 nosler partition or interbond is LETHAL out to 350 from what I've seen first hand. Dropped one at 345 with this gun as a teenager. And I mean sack of potatoes dropped.

Downside, sumbiatch kicks like a mule and is no fun to shoot. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sooner6969 View Post
          Tikka T3 Lite 30-06 and have a muzzle brake put on it.

This makes sense. But the 270 has less recoil as is, higher bc, and pretty much the same ballistics as a 7mm out to 400 yards. So why not a 270 straight out of the box and start stacking animals.

Comment

Originally posted by hxc016 View Post
            Getting a new rifle, I want something that can kill deer and hogs and is very accurate. I currently have an old beat up .30-06 that isn't very accurate anymore. I love the .30-06 round but I wanted to hear everyone else's opinion and experiences?

If you're around the Houston area you can shoot my 270 any time you want. I need to take it to the range anyways to check zero before the season starts! [emoji1303]

Comment

270win

You can find it just about anywhere ammo is sold and it handles just about all of North America

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                This makes sense. But the 270 has less recoil as is, higher bc, and pretty much the same ballistics as a 7mm out to 400 yards. So why not a 270 straight out of the box and start stacking animals.

I agree .270 and brake it.

Comment

Originally posted by sooner6969 View Post
                  I agree .270 and brake it.

No need for a brake on a 270. [emoji1303]

Comment

I have a tikka 270 also great gun. Just bought another in 7mm R.E.M. Mag wood with stainless flutted barrel. You can't beat Tikka, espesicalky for the $.

Comment

Brake every gun! T3 Lite for sure, .270 recoil slightly less than 30-06. Lite weighs 6. Something lbs and the more comfortable you are practicing with it the more accurate you are with it.

Comment

7mm08 or 308

Comment

1st choice is 7mm08.
                          2nd choice is .270.

Comment

Best caliber I've ever shot was a 70/29. Whisper quiet, no recoil, good out to around 50 yards. You will love it, although I get a few weird looks at the gun range sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                              30-06 hands down the most versatile of the group....
                              You are used to it....it does the job....if it ain't broke ,why try another .....repair yours or get another one.

Comment

Highly recommend a neck shootin. 270.

Comment

Working...
                                X