Double down and cottonseed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double down and cottonseed.

Looking for straight answers here so please let's not turn this into another double down bashing thread.

Just curious for those that are feeding double down and whole cottonseed what your deer are hitting the hardest? This is the first time we have had both in the pens. For us the feed is going before the seed.

Not feeding DD but it changed for us around April to them eating more pellets than cottonseed.

Comment

I have two free choice feeders with DD and a cottonseed feeder. The deer are hammering both but they will go through about 800lbs of DD in the same amount of time they will eat about 300lbs of cottonseed.

Comment

I have 1000lbs of D.D in the feed pen with 200lbs of cottonseed in a basket next to it,I have filled up the D.D 3 times in 2 months and still have 150 pounds of cottonseed left from the original fill..
        Full disclosure-our deer were just introduced to cottonseed last summer so its been a year and they are slow to like it,,been on DD for 4 years now and they eat it as fast as we put it out.

Comment

My experience has always shown the cotton seed gets hit harder from January to March/April (post rut recovery), then the rest of the year protein is preferred.

Comment

I love the DD videos of the old guys in shorts, T-shirt’s, and boat shoes shooting those monster bucks. Shows that camo is overrated

Comment

I put my camo on after the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexdeer19 View Post
                I put my camo on after the hunt.
                So when you pass out on the porch from to much whiskey nobody will see you. 😂😂😂

Comment

Haha

Comment

That's why we don't hunt in the mornings.

Comment

Working...
                    X