Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Deer Attractant North Texas

Hey guys,

What kind of attractant have ya'll had good luck with in North Texas (Grayson County)? Deer don't hit feeders much.

Thanks, Case

Rice bran

Comment

Where about are you getting rice bran from. I can’t find it anywhere around Arlington

Comment

I use Persimmon rice bran in East Texas. It works well until it gets wet. Feed stores should have it but if they don't they can order it.

In the Spring, Summer and Fall months I use stock salt, trace mineral salt & Dicalcium Phosphate(optional). This is my all time favorite. Clear an area on the ground and poor out an even part mixture. Use a garden rake to mix it up.

Comment

What is Rice bran?

Comment

Rice bran or roasted soybeans

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Rice bran
              ^^^^^^
              I get mine at Atwoods
              Last edited by whakm; 12-13-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Another vote for rice bran.

Comment

School me on Rice Bran? Does it go in a feeder like corn? A quick search says no.

Comment

It comes in a 50 pound bag in a powder form. Most of the 5 pound bags of Wild Game Innovations " Acorn Rage" and other similar attractants are a flavor infused rice bran.

Comment

Just use a Moultrie feeder bag. Or WGI feeder bag. Might have to reinforce some stuff but beats the bran bag cost by 75%. I love my bran bag by the way. Gonna try the other two next season

Comment

I actually bought rice bran at WalMart. Not in the metroplex, but in the surrounding cities. Found mine in Kaufman and also saw it in Palestine.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                          I actually bought rice bran at WalMart. Not in the metroplex, but in the surrounding cities. Found mine in Kaufman and also saw it in Palestine.
                          Denton stores had it earlier this year as well. Atwoods has it too.

Comment

banana

Comment

Have you tried corn? There is no "magic" attractant. They don't come to my (corn) feeder in ETX like they do at my feeders in Kansas or West TX. It's not the bait, its the fact that they have more to eat in some areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X