No announcement yet.

Pellets or chips for Masterbilt Smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an A-maze-n tray. Do you need to light both ends to get a good smoke ring?

Comment

Pecan Hulls

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use pellets with good results

Comment

Dac 6933, I've got 2 unopened bags of chips if you want them. I use a pellet smoker and got these chips as a bday gift. I think they're mesquite and hickory.

Comment

Chips

Comment

In the Masterbuilt, chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                Another amazen products tray and pellets here
                x2

Smoked a pork butt this weekend. Turned out great and its so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                  I have an A-maze-n tray. Do you need to light both ends to get a good smoke ring?
                  I only light one end. Its important to have something over it to prevent drippings from putting it out. I use a foil wrapped ceramic tile. I feel it stores heat and evens temp also.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                    I have the 5x8 tray and I've only ever tried it with one end lit, I flip the sausage hanger upside down and put it in the bottom left corner and the water pan actually covers it perfect.

Some forums I've read of people have lit both ends for extra smoke but mine puts out quite a bit. Pull the chip tray half way out, open the vent all the way and make sure you have the pellets burning good before putting it in there and you'll be in business

I just got some of the Cabela's competition blend pellets and I really like em. Used it on chicken and a 2 1/2" ribeye and it was a great flavor, not too strong on any one smoke flavor

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                      Dac 6933, I've got 2 unopened bags of chips if you want them. I use a pellet smoker and got these chips as a bday gift. I think they're mesquite and hickory.
                      Thanks for the offer but im switching to pellets as well. Tried the chips and didnt care for them. Thanks for the info guys 👍

Comment

Working...
                      X