No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2017 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only had two sits so far, one morning and one evening. Have yet to see anything but birds and rabbits. Cameras have bucks in shooting hours but they haven’t came out while I was there. Need to get in more chair time to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
      Up... where are the STX updates...? I've had a couple of uneventful hunts but at least the ranches look great right now due to recent rain.

I haven't been able to make it down yet but will First weekend in November.

Comment

Deer movement has been cut in half with all the green from the recent rains. We hunted stayed at the ranch to hunt the front that came thru Sunday. We had a couple of cull bucks shot and 1 buck that scored 168 with over 41" of mass. Still waiting for our better buck's to move. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow. Great bucks. I'm looking forward to my 4th annual Ashley Memorial hunt this year in Dimmit Co. near Dilley. Always a great time in the brush. Should start getting pics soon. I'm being told hunting has been s-l-o-wwwww!!

Comment

Great bucks Rattler! I had a visit from one of our resident bucks on the family place. Glad to see he made it 4yr this year and he put on some impressive horn from last yr. I'm idle this weekend but will hunt the following 2. Good luck all.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5617.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	24514950Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5618.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	24514951

Comment

We had 2 of our 4 year olds final show up in daylight. I video'd both this past weekend. Thor is a main frame 9pt with a split G3 on his left side. Tank is a mainframe 10pt with nice Mass. Both will get a pass until 7-1/2 so it will be interesting to see hair they develop over the next few years. I did see one of our older buck's this weekend. He is a mainframe 10pt that is around 145+. He is 8-1/2 yrs old and we need him to go this year. IF anyone is interested PM me an maybe we can make a deal. This old boy is probably 260 on the hoof and will probably win one of the heavyweight division's at Los Cazadores. He should with all the protein and cottonseed he has eaten over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve only hunted twice so far, bucks just don’t want to come out when I’m there. I think this weekend I’m going to hunt Deer in the morning on one lease and target hogs and nilgai on another lease in the evening. Trying to keep the pressure low on the Deer until rifle season opens up.

Comment

Anyone heading down this weekend? I'll be heading down Thursday, working in the area Friday and then back filling the last couple of feeders that evening. I'm just glad it's finally here and I at least will get to sit in the blind a couple of hours and work between hunts!

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                    Anyone heading down this weekend? I'll be heading down Thursday, working in the area Friday and then back filling the last couple of feeders that evening. I'm just glad it's finally here and I at least will get to sit in the blind a couple of hours and work between hunts!

I’ll be sitting with my little brother Saturday morning in linn trying to get him a Deer then if that doesn’t work we’re going to hunt another property for nilgai in the evenings

Comment

looks like it's going to be a hot weekend again

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                        I’ll be sitting with my little brother Saturday morning in linn trying to get him a Deer then if that doesn’t work we’re going to hunt another property for nilgai in the evenings

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
                          looks like it's going to be a hot weekend again
                          Yep, the cold front was a weekend to early for me

Comment

Had a lot of deer coming to road feeders this past weekend despite the pasture looking like a golf course. NW Webb coynty

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                              Had a lot of deer coming to road feeders this past weekend despite the pasture looking like a golf course. NW Webb coynty
                              Good deal Sure sounds slow in Dimmit Co. lately.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post

That’s one thing I haven’t done yet, I need to bust out the road feeder this weekend and dump some corn in the road. Probably will put out two-three bags while filling water this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X