No announcement yet.

Doe down can't find her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can be there today after work if you really need help, but not looking good from your arrow

Comment

I bet she's not down. Good luck.

Comment

Check the nearby trails for blood. The crossing spots in the fence and don't push her if you find sign. I let a mule deer doe sit 4 hours after a liver shot. I also watched her make two more hills afterwards. But there should be good blood if she's down close.

Comment

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
          Can't find blood
          But there's meat on the arrow?
          Looks like you just passed through some muscle and got no where near any vitals. Did you hit it high or low?

Last year I back strapped a doe. She broke off the arrow and I found both pieces. The BH end was covered in "meat slime." I didn't even bother tracking that doe with the lack of any blood and the evidence on the arrow. 3 weeks later, my buddy shot that doe and we joke about him sending me a bill for the missing backstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post
            this or really high. right under the spine through the backstrap or in the void of nothingness.

But as mentioned earlier, prob not worth getting a dog with that little sign.
            And you where correct sir. No blood to be found

Comment

Working...
            X