Excellence Playa Mujeres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellence Playa Mujeres

I know several here have been before and I'd like to know any pointers. The wife and I are headed down Monday 3/28 through Friday 4/1. I've heard comments around book a reservation as soon as you get there for the nice restaurant cause it's hard to get in and it's usually a few days out before you can.

Anything you liked or disliked I'm all ears. I've heard nothing but great reviews and we are really looking forward to it.

Also, if by dumb luck one of you is headed there the same time post up!

Tyler

We went and it was awesome! All the restaraunts were great. Make sure to check out the evening shows, they are pretty good. Pizza at the pool is da bomb! Most definitely take the ferry across to isla mujeres, rent a golf cart and cruise around. The beach over there is beautiful, couple cool bars/food joints and shopping. Us men just grabbed beer and let the women drive us around which was kinda scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider-Red View Post
      We went and it was awesome! All the restaraunts were great. Make sure to check out the evening shows, they are pretty good. Pizza at the pool is da bomb! Most definitely take the ferry across to isla mujeres, rent a golf cart and cruise around. The beach over there is beautiful, couple cool bars/food joints and shopping. Us men just grabbed beer and let the women drive us around which was kinda scary.
      I assume being a tourist destination everybody takes USD at isla Mujeres?

Comment

Yes from what I can remember, as much fun as I had I think I enjoyed it the most. The snorkeling at xel-ha was amazing too, but it's an all day adventure taking a shuttle down to Carmen but it's worth it if your gonna be there awhile.

Comment

I think they will exchange usd for pesos at the hotel as well

Comment

pay everything in pesos or else they will convert to only 10 pesos per dollar.

Comment

Excellence was the best resort I've been to by far.
              Shows every night were great.
              Hibachi was only restaurant I didn't like. Everything else was top notch.
              There is a steak and egg room service breakfast you must eat every morning.
              Catamarans are fun to cruise way out in to enjoy the ocean.
              Bike tour is ok, wife enjoyed it. Pretty cool tower you climb.

If you go to isla mujeres, make darn sure you take the fancy fast ferry. The resort staff sent us to the other one and wasted 3 hrs of our time, it was so slow. That was the only complaint I had of the resort. Fast one is green and purple I want to say. I second the golf cart on isla mujeres, we went offroading on east side of island, cant miss the trails. Drank many beers while girls drove. Stopped at a few outdoor bars.

Many drinks and tons of beer but I sure did enjoy the bahama mama with chocolate. All day dessert.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I'll be running them all by the wife between now and then to get a feel for what she wants to do. However, I'm pretty sure her perfect vacation is never leaving the beach. I don't think she cares to do any adventuring, I'm pretty sure she just wants to relax and eat/drink, I doubt we will ever leave the resort.

She definitely won't want to go snorkeling, she's deathly afraid of the water. We tried it in the Bahamas on our honeymoon and I basically had to push her off the boat and she locked up and went into full panic mode, if it hadn't been for the pfd she may have died lol.

Comment

What was everyone's favorite restaurant?

Comment

All r really good but the wife and I loved the Indian one. We both like Indian food and it was good if your hungry. They have a great sampler dinner that gives you a chance to try all kinds of things.

If you don't leave the resort, at least go to isla mujeres, the beach is like sugar. It's a quick taxi ride to ferry and nice ferry ride across

Comment

Agree with all of the above, but we enjoyed the hibachi the most out of the restaurants. You will have fun no matter what. We really enjoyed the shows at night too. I highly recommend the couples massage and Aqua therapy. Also, if you plan on eating at the nice restaurants, make sure to take nice clothes. It is required apparently.

Comment

If you like golf at all, you need to play the Greg Norman signature course there on the property...5 minute cab ride. The hibachi was our favorite, but the hibachi is always our favorite in Mexico. Poolside pizza is bueno, swim up room is worth the upgrade. Get 100 1s when you get there and tip your servers, it changes the whole experience. I tipped the bartender $20 when I got to the pool every day, much better drinks and service that way......even though the service is great to begin with.

Probably my favorite resort we've been to so far.
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-18-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I went in February and enjoyed it. There was a Mexican Dinner one night on the large patio that had different serving stations. Fantastic food. The poolside pizza as mentioned was really good. Not much to complain about with this place. As Dale said tip early and often and the service is non stop!

Comment

Thanks for all the tips fellas!

Pictures look awesome Andy, I remember seeing those on FB when you first posted them.

Dale, I am a golf lover and I'm definitely gonna look into catching a round or two. Question, did you bring clubs or rent them there? I guess I should call them to verify, I'll need left handed rentals.

Comment

We are headed there in June. We have friends that have been three times and say its the best higher end all inclusive they have ever been to. They are headed there in April.

Comment

Working...
                              X