Anyone hunt north Toledo bend wma??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt north Toledo bend wma??

Thinking about trying this place out this year. Just curious if anyone on here has had any luck with ducks or deer out there. Maybe a get together and do some scouting? Thanks for any help or advice.

Cameron

Anyone?

Comment

My brother hunts ducks somewhere around there. He lives in Deadwood. His name is Mike Moore. Give him a call and see if he will let ya tag along on a hunt. He also makes duck calls. He has a web site, wild wings duck calls, just goggle it.

Comment

Cameron - that was one of my WMA's I was over when I was in East Texas, Jasper Co.

When we had hunting on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays, it couldn't have been better for waterfowl with giving the Unit time to rest for a day. Now, it's open all week and the pressure is tremendous especially from SFASU student hunters.

Best bet would be to scout early and often and pick out 3-4 spots since you'll have others hunting as well to have a fall-back plan.

Deer are there and some really good ones, scout, scout and scout some more - tons of feral hogs along the river.

Comment

Personally, I would skip the deer hunting in that WMA. Not worth the time and effort and I grew up right there

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
            Cameron - that was one of my WMA's I was over when I was in East Texas, Jasper Co.
            Might have been a while since you been back to East Tx, but I believe the WMA the OP is referring to is the one in Shelby Co.

Comment

Working...
            X